By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.12.0
• Easily add new and missing businesses from the sidebar
• Spoken traffic alerts in Navigation tell you about congestion and incidents on your route and traffic descriptions give you a summary of traffic before you drive
• Bug fixes
I've found google maps much better than the maps provided as standard with the iPhone. Only minor annoyance is having to sign into Google to record a point on the map. Guess this makes sense if the reference is to be available to all users but I don't have a google account so can't sign in, and I wouldn't necessarily say that all the bits I want to have recorded on there would be all that useful to all users. Anyway, only a minor irritation in an otherwise very good app. Cheers google!
Seems pretty good, used for ages and gets better
But I would like to see more flexibility with user places, i.e. being able to name and add notes to a saved place. Also I find it is not that user friendly and really needs an instruction manual. However, as a long term user I just say, many features are being brought together now. Languages can also be confusing when exploring deeper layers of premises. I think I will still use other types of maps and dedicated driving GPS nav units though.
Fine App with room for improvement
A really handy feature would be being able to pre-programme a journey say up to 24h before your planned departure time. Then the app could send you notifications and alerts if there were traffic issues along the way, meaning you need to set off earlier than normal. If you could tell the app what time you need to be somewhere up front, the app could then alert you when there are issues en route, this could prevent you from being late.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 04 November 2015
- Version: 4.12.0
- Size: 36.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.