Google Maps - Navigation & Transport
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information that you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train or car-share with real-time transport info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like petrol stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places that you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an Internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, shopping centres and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transport schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.30.0
• Get turn-by-turn navigation right on your lock screen with the new Directions widget
• Use the new iMessage app to send your static location to contacts without leaving the conversation
• Bug fixes
Used to be able to use the app to check distances to plan walks and runs. I like to be able to see in advance exactly how many miles I'm doing.
Now, however, I can't see the distance information about some of the options the app is giving me because I'm instead being targeted by Uber to hail a cab instead of getting any exercise.
Thanks Google! As if you weren't making billions of dollars already you've now got to force people to see adverts burnt into the screen with no ability to opt out of them. However stupid and redundant they make the functionality....
As annoying it is I'm going to delete and abandon the Google Maps app for good until this ridiculous malware add on is removed. Knowing Google it won't be.
Shouldn't complain with the free maps
free maps and even allowed me to download cities that I want to go to so I can use it without data on my phone,,this is very useful in a poor country like the Philippines as 80% of people cannot afford to pay monthly contracts for their phones..but for some people reviewing with complaints to google..users Shouldn't complain with the free maps but offer only suggestions..we should be more thankful google is giving back to the people for free service..THANKS A LOT GOOGLE..WELL DESERVED THANK YOU..
Best app for taking you to your destination, and suggesting alternative routes while you drive (depending on the traffic). I think apple should realise that they cannot do it better and ditch apple maps. In apple maps, the road is sometimes 'red' but there is no traffic, and most of the times when there is traffic it shows blue. Unreliable if you want to be at work on time or for rerouting.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 17 April 2017
- Version: 4.30.0
- Size: 125 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.