Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
The best photo product on Earth – The Verge
Google Photos is your new essential picture app – Wired
Upload the pictures and let Google Photos do the rest – The New York Times
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them – no tagging required.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• LIVE ALBUMS: Share your latest photos with Live Albums. Select the people and pets that you want to see and Google Photos will automatically add photos of them as you take them, no manual updates needed.
• SHARED LIBRARIES: Share without sharing. Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.
• REDISCOVER: Get collages of photos that you took a year ago on this day.
• CAST: View photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast support.
• FREE STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free for up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD and access from any device and photos.google.com – your photos are safe, secure and private to you.
You can also upgrade storage for your Google account, used for Original Quality photos and videos, Google Drive and Gmail by subscribing to Google One, an expanded storage plan. Subscriptions start at $1.99/month for 100 GB in the US. Pricing and availability can vary by region.
Storage subscriptions purchased in-app will be charged to your iTunes Account, and automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Google One Terms of Service: https://one.google.com/terms-of-service
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
Your Google Photos library is now integrated with Siri shortcuts. Go to your device settings to set Siri shortcuts to work with Google Photos, so that you can simply ask Siri to 'view latest photo'.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good app
Very good application, with free cloud storage for all your photos and videos as long as they're stored in 'high quality's mode and not 'original', for which you'll have to pay extra. The assistant is also helpful to stylise photos, create animations, collages and more, and the photo books feature means you can buy a photo book with your own photos in right from your phone through Google. The sharing feature also allows you to share your images with others that have a Google account. The feature which allows you to view what you took pictures of a certain length of time ago (a year, 8 years etc. curated by Google on the anniversary of a photo being taken) also is fun to use and the support for apple's Live Photos also is very useful if you're using an iPhone. Being able to view your photos anywhere, on any device signed in to Google photos and connected to WiFi is great, and being able to free up space is also a very nice- and useful- feature. Overall a great application with lots of useful features that deserves its rating. (I would like to put slightly lower to be able to rate it higher in the future, but for now a 5 star review seems perfectly acceptable.) Very good application.
Security needs to be considered.
The app is the best for backing up photos & with the plus of 15GB, it really is a future proof solution. However, it needs to add the addition of authentication in the app. Photos can be private & we don't want others to have access to it so easily on our mobile devices & computers. Google accounts are usually signed in on our computers when using the Google search engine, & anyone can access the Google applications without any sort of password to protect them. If Google were to add the support of a passcode on Google photos then it would bring a piece of mind. Also, I dislike that when you want to delete a photo on Google Photos it forces you to delete the photo on your actual device. I do not want to replace my photos app on my device, I simply want it to back up my photos & delete photos I do not want to be backed up. These are the two major issues with Google Photos that makes it fall behind the likes of Dropbox as a better solution for both security & control.
Best free service from Google, yet.
I have been using it since it started. It is the best of all the services available around and it doesn’t just make you believe to be free, it is totally free if you are happy with a smaller size file. Bigger files you can leave on your hard disk and in the event if loss of data in your storing hardware, at least you have something to go back to.
Only extra I would have preferred to have is to search facility when you want to add one or a few photos to an album!! You have to manually scroll to all these albums to find it!! Otherwise, it is easy to find ably album unless you want to add!!
I strongly recommend it and I have stopped saving in a few other sites where you are told it is free and then very quickly you are reminded that you ought to buy space !!
Thank you Google.
- Google LLC
- 308.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016, Google Inc
- In-App Purchases
- 100 GB Month £1.79
- 200 GB Month £2.79
- 2 TB Month £9.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.