Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
The best photo product on Earth – The Verge
Google Photos is your new essential picture app – Wired
Upload the pictures and let Google Photos do the rest – The New York Times
• FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com – your photos are safe, secure and private to you.
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device's storage with just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them – no tagging required.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, panoramas and more from your photos, or easily create them yourself.
• LIVE PHOTOS: You can store, view and share photos with motion.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo- and video-editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Don't waste data texting and emailing photos. Instantly share up to 1,500 photos with anyone.
• SHARED LIBRARIES: Share without sharing. Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.
• REDISCOVER: It's easier than ever to relive your memories. Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day.
• GOOGLE LENS: Search what you see. This preview enables you to identify text and objects in your photos to learn more and take action.
• CAST: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast support.
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
• Now with a cleaner design that puts the focus on your photos.
Ratings and Reviews
Change my photo life!
How many years have you had folders like DCIM hanging around on your computer and old memory cards in drawers which never see the light of day. Photos taken which no one ever sees. Well if you take the leap spend a bit of time learning this then it will change your photo life. The ability to upload all old files and memory cards using the desktop uploaded tool (now slightly more confusing sync tool) and have them all online and easily shared and commented on with friends is amazing. No more sending massive JPGs via email and having to click each one due to crappy viewer software on your computer. The ability to view your life’s photos at anytime on your mobile not having to be at home to show friends a holiday 10 years ago. No storage costs and it just works. It’s changed my photo life and I’ve got nearly every holiday album’ed and online and all my Mac friends who still insist on photo stream (which I can just cannot get my head around) surprise surprise still not done theirs. Don’t get me wrong there are some tweaks needed and I’m not sure google listen or not to feedback, for example when you’ve fully set yourself up as I have you want to hide photos which are already assigned to an album for example just to see what’s left to delete crud photos and assign things not yet assigned. Searching albums. Etc etc. But overall amazing thank you for changing my photo life Google :)
Best free service from Google, yet.
I have been using it since it started. It is the best of all the services available around and it doesn’t just make you believe to be free, it is totally free if you are happy with a smaller size file. Bigger files you can leave on your hard disk and in the event if loss of data in your storing hardware, at least you have something to go back to.
Only extra I would have preferred to have is to search facility when you want to add one or a few photos to an album!! You have to manually scroll to all these albums to find it!! Otherwise, it is easy to find ably album unless you want to add!!
I strongly recommend it and I have stopped saving in a few other sites where you are told it is free and then very quickly you are reminded that you ought to buy space !!
Thank you Google.
A fantastic replacement
Google Photos is genuinely amazing. It serves as a photo organiser, back up and mashup maker. One huge thing that I love about this is, it's free UNLIMITED space to store photos which helps open lots of space on your phone.
Google Photos is really good at doing stuff for you, like sorting out holiday photos into separate albums, finding hidden gems of photos I didn't even know I had and stylising them to make them even better, creating movies and collages from the pictures taken (also created like albums, grouping tore their similar locations, events and times), and helping you delete unnecessary screenshots, duplicates or bad pictures.
So far, it has done nothing that I could complain about. As always, Google have brought an amazing, simple, easy to use and fun app.
- Google, Inc.
- 264.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016, Google Inc
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.