All the books you love. On the page or out loud. Anywhere you are.
Meet Google Play Books for iOS: the one app to enjoy ebooks and audiobooks from Google Play.
Dive into a great book today with millions of titles from Google Play on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. Download your book to read or listen on the go. When you’re finished, find your next favorite from recommendations personalized just for you.
LISTEN TO A GREAT AUDIOBOOK ANYWHERE, ANYTIME
● New! Audiobooks are now available on Google Play
● No monthly subscription required
● Navigate chapters with real chapter titles - not track lists
● Pick up where you left off on all your devices
MILLIONS OF E-BOOKS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
● Preview free samples from our catalog of millions of books
● Read your books, comics, and textbooks even when you’re offline
● Tap the page and watch your favorite comic book or manga come to life with Bubble Zoom
● Take notes that sync with your Google Drive and share them with a group for easy collaboration.
● Use the Night Light setting to automatically adjust the background color and brightness to make it easier for you to fall asleep
* If your audiobook has an accompanying PDF, you can now access it from the audiobook playback screen
* Fixed a bug causing the app to freeze for some users
Ratings and Reviews
Competition for the other book reading app
Works very well. Night-time colour shift much better than the competition; very useful. My use is mainly for nonfiction. Links to endnotes work better than the competition though it's a two-step process. Lacks the competition's ease of navigating back and forth with miniature page views. Highlighting has a darker yellow, greatly superior when screen is dimmed, but can't continue highlight from one page to another. Bookmarks work a treat; I find them better than the competition, especially in being less clunky to access and to remove.
Overall a joy to use, but can be improved.
I did get the problem of the app crashing consistently on launch, but it was cured by deleting the app and restoring it. Al my books were still shown and could be reloaded swiftly, with highlights and notes intact.
When are you going to enable users to search and buy books directly within the app?
I have been using this app for years and it is good enough if all you want to do is read a book you have already purchased. But often I am on a train and have finished a book and would like to purchase another. Rather than having the capability of searching all books and purchasing within the app, I have to go to the website via safari and do it from there. And then wait for it to sync through.
Don’t you think it is about time IOS and Google come to some arrangement to make searching and purchasing books a little easier for their users?
I have recently got the app for google books. This is THE WORST website I have ever used! I have finished a book and it suggests a further book. Great, I want to buy it but HOW. Instead of making it easy it is the most impossible website to navigate. Google needs to make it
easy to buy, but oh no! If you suggest a read make it easy to buy with a "buy me" button. After a great deal of searching I have come to the "sample" offer. I want to buy it not sample it!!
On another occasion I read the sample and when finished wanted to continue and buy the book. It was EXTREMELY difficult to do this.
Google books - YOU NEED TO MAKE YOUR WEBSITE EASY TO NAVIGATE AND BUY YOUR BOOJS.
- Google LLC
- 80.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.