Google Play Books - Books & Comics
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Google Play Books for iOS start reading today with millions of titles from Google Play on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. Take your favorite books with you on the go and personalize your reading experience. Shop books in your browser on Google Play.
Great Reading Experience
- Change font, search within the book, information about book
- Manage your library (archive books after reading)
- Night-reading mode
- Read books offline
- VoiceOver support
Discover Millions of Titles on Google Play
- Over 4 million books in every imaginable category, from the New York Times® bestsellers to favorite classics, from Harry Potter to Game of Thrones
- Millions of free books available instantly – Romance, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Mystery & Thrillers, Biographies & Memoirs, Comics & Graphic Novels, Computers & Technology, Business, Travel, History, Arts, and more.
- Free preview pages
- Unlimited storage of books in the digital cloud
Syncs With Your Google Play books library
- Access all your books wirelessly from the digital cloud
- Automatic page position syncing across devices -- pick up reading where you left off.
What's New in Version 3.0.2
* Discover is a new way to browse book news, articles, videos and more. Read featured stories and get personalized recommendations. (U.S. only)
* Fixed various issues including missing book covers, and font resizing problem on iPads with iOS 10.
Great Way To Get Ebooks
Since I purchased an iPad I love using Google Play Books due to the ease of using my pc to download the books I buy from the Play Store then convert them into mobi format for my Kindle app and keeping them stored elsewhere as backup. Syncing to Google Drive is effortlessly, the only downside is the I can't get some ebooks I'd like and that some ebooks are much expensive than on other apps and sites. Other than that I'm happy using this app, I've stopped using my Kindle app now.
A Truly Tremendous App
Google Play Books has innumerable strengths, not least that it allows you to upload 1,000 of your own titles to your collection for free.
You can carry around a veritable library with you and it need only weigh as much as you tablet or phone.
Add to this the marvellous and fairly priced range of titles available and the abilities to highlight areas of text or have your device read to you and the mind begins to boggle and the utility and elegance.
Well, I love it.
The native apple offering should have had sync that's as effortless as this.
But it didn't and Play Books is where I'm at. It's equal on all other features.
Not having to ensure I sync my own content when I change devices is the killer feature; it's just there.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 04 November 2016
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 59.2 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.