Explore world landmarks, discover natural wonders and step inside locations such as museums, arenas, restaurants and small businesses with Google Street View.
Also create photo spheres to add your own Street View experiences. Start with your phone’s camera or add a one-shot spherical camera (like the Ricoh Theta S) for easy 360º photography. Then, you can publish to Google Maps to share your photo spheres with the world.
• Browse – or be notified of – Google’s newest special collections
• Explore all of Street View (including contributions from others)
• Review your public profile of published photo spheres
• Manage your private photo spheres
• Immerse yourself in photo spheres with Cardboard mode
Creating and sharing photo spheres:
• Use your phone’s camera (no camera accessories required)
• Connect to a spherical camera to capture in one tap
• Share to Google Maps as immersive photo spheres
• Share privately as flat photos
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Many UI improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
How can this be so bad?
Virtually unusable. A good third of the screen is usually taken up by card-things you neither requested nor want. When scrolling around it sometimes jumps wildly everywhere apart from where you want it. It’s actually better using third-party online Google Streetview tools which is pretty shameful whichever way you look at it! Why did they ever remove it from Google Maps? Talk about fixing something that wasn't broken! And to all those praising the app for its 3D picture taking - that’s all very nice but couldn’t that have been a different app? I don’t give a monkeys about taking 3D pictures, I just need a well-designed app that shows me relatively recent pictures of the streets - I would prefer to have paid for a good one of those than be complaining about a rubbish free one.
Why oh why
I didn’t realise they had taken street view off the Maps app until I was trying to research the history of an old photo of a shop in my home city.
So then I discovered this app. Well when you see the screen its pretty much as good as it was before: but then you get these pointless and irritating pop up ‘cards’ along the bottom of the screen which takes out about a third of the picture.
Why not just leave street view in the maps app where it was really useful. I’m going to delete this ... I’d hate to think that Google gets any reward for my use of it.
Why isn’t this easy?
Had to download the app as street view isn’t available via Safari, what a mistake - should have just gone and turned the laptop on!
The tutorials are pretty poor for what to do and moving around while in street view is very finicky and doesn’t respond well (often moving around when trying to rotate). It’s also very hard to get bearings on which way is ‘up’ when moving around as there’s no compass/mini-map.
Pretty poor from what we’ve come to expect from Google.
- Google LLC
- 107.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.