By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Break through language barriers with Google Translate.
• Translate 90 languages
• Converse naturally and let Google translate
• Translate with your voice, camera, keyboard or handwriting
• Star your favourite translations for quick access even when you’re offline
• View dictionary results for single words or phrases
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Sesotho, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
Novosibirsk Metro image by Wikipedia user Sskz, used as per the CC-BY-SA 3.0 licence, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/.
What's New in Version 3.3.0
• Improved stability. Fixed crash bugs.
• Improved support for the VoiceOver screen reader.
• Word Lens: Just point your camera to a sign or text and the Translate app will instantly translate the text, even without Internet/data connection. Currently available in: English ⇄ French, English ⇄ German, English ⇄ Italian, English ⇄ Portuguese, English ⇄ Russian, English ⇄ Spanish.
• Camera Mode: Snap a photo, highlight the text and get a translation. Currently available in 36 languages.
• Automatic language detection in speech/conversation mode – start translating with speech input and Translate will recognise which of the two languages is being spoken, allowing you to have a more fluid conversation with another person.
I currently run a business that deals with an assortment of different languages. Although the translation may not be perfect, it gets the message across when played down the phone to any customers. Absolutely fantastic and has helped with the language barrier and maintained excellent customer service.
Favouriting feature must be limited
That's why I gave it 3 stars, actually I rely on google translate most but with the latest update when they Have made the favouriting a word is limited so In my case I have reached the limited and cannot favourite any word any more so it is irritating me. I hope you make it as mush as we wish. You are not losing anything making it limited. Hope so please.
Superb free app.
This works very well in both audio and text modes. I would have paid for this so download it before they start to charge for it.
And the new live text scan option is like witchcraft! Brilliant.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 19 March 2015
- Version: 3.3.0
- Size: 24.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.