• Text translation: Translate between 103 languages by typing
• Offline: translate with no Internet connection (59 languages)
• Instant camera translation: translate text in images instantly just by pointing your camera (38 languages)
• Photos: Take or import photos for higher quality translations (37 languages)
• Conversations: Translate bilingual conversations on the fly (32 languages)
• Handwriting: Draw text characters instead of typing (93 languages)
• Phrasebook: Star and save translated words and phrases for future reference (all languages)
• Microphone for speech translation
• Camera for translating text via the camera
• Photos for importing photos from your library
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Kyrgyz, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Scots Gaelic, Serbian, Sesotho, Shona, Sindhi, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
Thanks for speaking up! We've fixed several audio related issues.
Ratings and Reviews
Use this app daily for quickly providing the translation for several languages and it’s remarkably good at what it does. You still need to check the output but Translate does really well in all the tongues I use.
I’m not generally a Google fan but this app is a work of genius which saves hours of time and although I know Google tracks and monitors my activity to monetise it — in this instance it’s worth the downside (personally).
My only gripe… No way to toggle between formal and informal case. English doesn’t have these useful subtleties but most languages do (that I know of). I know it’s easier to imagine than implement such a useful feature but it would be absolutely brilliant to skip changing vous to tu, sie to du, chi to ti etc. etc. I can always dream!
Now it’s excellent
I used to hate google translate as i found it very inaccurate and idiosyncratic. This was years ago. So in the intervening time i have used many other translation services and apps, once in a while coming back to google for a check up. I recently came back to it in the last couple of months and i have to say that for the languages i use it for (English/Spanish), it is now truly excellent. Particularly if you make sure to employ your brain when using it and don’t just wholesale copy/paste. Well done google - clear and rapid progress made with this service! I think i’m going to stick with it now.
This is so cool and really helpful
I just downloaded this app to help with my French and all the things on it are so cool. The translations are really accurate and you can write them in, speak then in and take pictures of your page. I had an essay and didn’t get one bit. It translates the words before you even take the picture so you can see the words in your chosen language on the camera!!!! This app is incredible. You can download languages for free so you can use them wherever. I would strongly recommend getting this app- so useful and so cool!!!! Even my mum said “ that is seriously cool!! I can’t believe it can do that!!!!”
- Google, Inc.
- 77.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.