GPS Navigation, Maps & Traffic - Scout (Sat Nav)
By Telenav GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PREMIUM NAVIGATION & MAPS.
GLOBAL MAPS INCLUDING ONE ENTIRE COUNTRY FOR OFFLINE USE.
NOW ALSO WITH DYNAMIC TRAFFIC DATA AND TRUE PEDESTRIAN NAVIGATION.
Scout offers the proven quality of the multi-award winning international bestseller GPS Navigation (formerly known as “skobbler”) in a further advanced and significantly enhanced version. It’s the ultimate map & orientation tool for your phone or tablet.
▸ ONLINE AND OFFLINE FUNCTIONALITY
Global online maps and an entire country (incl. its city maps) for offline use included (upgradeable), all core app features available offline
▸ TOP NAVIGATION INCL. PEDESTRIAN AND TRAFFIC (NEW!)
Full-fledged voice-guided turn-by-turn, now with dynamic traffic data (upgradeable), alternative routes, speed limit display, text-to-speech & top-notch pedestrian navigation, etc.
▸ COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL MAP AND INFO
Complete digital map functionality with high-end map engine for seamless display and interaction, Foursquare search and TripAdvisor information for hotels, bars, restaurants, clubs, sights, etc.
▸ OPENSTREETMAP INCL. MAP UPDATES
Global interactive and extremely detailed OSM map with several map updates per year free of charge
▸ EXTREMELY BROAD FUNCTIONALITY
Various search modes, free drive capability for orientation and warnings on each journey, routes for car, bicycle and pedestrian, etc.
Get Scout on your device and find out yourself, why the app has been sold millions of times (as “skobbler”) and has been one of the highest-rated map solutions for years.
In the following, you’ll find more detailed information on some of those points:
OFFLINE MAPS BASED ON OPENSTREETMAP
- In addition to the already included free country map, your app can optionally be enhanced with favorably priced map packages for offline usage (at a bargain price).
- Save storage space and install only those maps you currently need. That’s how the app can easily be customized to suit your needs.
- You get continuous map updates. Free of charge, of course.
- More than 1.5 million contributors make the OpenStreetMap one of the most detailed and dynamic digital maps, that is brought closer to perfection every day.
NAVIGATION WITH TRAFFIC INFORMATION AND SPEED CAM WARNING
- Let yourself be navigated to your destination. Precise and clearly understandable voice instruction will show you the way.
- Choose from three alternative routes and go for the best way.
- The already included traffic information feature keeps you updated on the current traffic situation. Avoid being caught up in traffic jams and make a detour round construction sites.
- International INRIX Traffic: This optional upgrade provides you with superior traffic intelligence by international market leader INRIX. It will greatly enhance routing during turn-by-turn navigation and displays additional color-coded information on the current traffic situation.
- Our free speed cam warning feature alerts you when approaching fixed speed cameras while in free drive or navigation mode and prevents you from getting speeding tickets.
Please note that the continuous use of the GPS will cause the battery to discharge more quickly. That’s why we recommend to leave your device connected to the charging cable during the entire trip.
What's New in Version 7.2
Today you receive the latest update of Scout. It contains the following improvements:
- iOS 9 support
- Fresh map data
We hope that you will like the app’s new version and would be very glad if you decided to leave a positive rating in the App Store.
In case of questions, problems or suggestions, please contact our support via e-mail (email@example.com)
Thanks for using Scout.
Your Scout team
Having downloaded this app for driving and navigating around Iceland I found it was excellent! Being able to download your map and then use it without data is brilliant! No roaming charges. Plus you are able to save locations to your favourites and plot out your trip. However. Having used the app walking around Reykjavik during the day, later that night my girlfriend and I set out in the car to a hot spot to see northern lights. Everything was going well until...we were routed to go onto the motorway...in the opposite direction! Luckily there was no cars coming off the slip road and I was able to reverse very quickly back to safety! We later figured out that the app was still set to pedestrian mode. I think that if the app can figure your going 80kmh then it should realise that possibly this person maybe driving a vehicle and not walking. I think this would help the app greatly...in saving idiots lives.
... wanting a cheap sat-nav for a motorcycle trip from London to Budapest and back, I looked at a couple of basic apps and finally chose this one. At its price, even after buying the maps I needed, I am very happy to recommend Skobbler.
I downloaded the maps for the UK and all of Europe and installed them on my phone. Note that you should install the maps you've bought, and load a route at least once BEFORE leaving your home country to use it properly in off-line mode. In 2200miles of almost continuous use, the app unexpectedly quit only twice. It does eat battery and the gps signal is stronger with a fully charged/plugged-in phone. The interface is easy to use, and there are lots of useful options - eg. find-the-nearest-gas station/hotel etc button. Note that when off-line the destination interface is different (harder to use) than when on-line. It only takes a moment/minimal data to load a route though so roaming charges are minimal. You just minimize the app and switch off your data roaming once you've set the destination.
I've also been using it in Qatar and, despite the daily road changes here, it still gets me where I need to go.
Only glitches have been getting the voice instructions to feed regardless if the phone is on 'silent'. With iOS9 make sure you have the phone OFF silent to get voice instructions.
Very good but further refinement needed
I have been using this in Italy for some time now. Functionality is good, maps are accurate enough and sufficiently up to date.
I did find myself missing turns tho' because the contrast between the colour of the background and the colour of roads shooting off the indicated route is not strong enough and you can easily not see an approaching junction. This is valid for both the day and night current settings and it is particularly valid for small screens with retina displays, where the edges of the lines are so fine that can hardly be seen
Some ability to chose one's own colours for roads and backgrounds or simply more varied templates would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 22 September 2015
- Version: 7.2
- Size: 82.2 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Developer: Telenav GmbH
- © 2015 Telenav GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Map access - UK£2.49
- Map access - Europe£3.99
- Map access - All maps£8.49
- Wallace & Gromit£2.99
- Stephen Fry£2.99
- Map access - France£2.49
- Mr. T£2.99
- Map access - Spain£2.49
- Map access - USA£2.49