GPS Navigation, Maps & Traffic - Scout (Sat Nav)
By Telenav GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PREMIUM NAVIGATION & MAPS.
GLOBAL MAPS INCLUDING ONE ENTIRE COUNTRY FOR OFFLINE USE.
NOW ALSO WITH DYNAMIC TRAFFIC DATA AND TRUE PEDESTRIAN NAVIGATION.
Scout offers the proven quality of the multi-award winning international bestseller GPS Navigation (formerly known as “skobbler”) in a further advanced and significantly enhanced version. It’s the ultimate map & orientation tool for your phone or tablet.
▸ ONLINE AND OFFLINE FUNCTIONALITY
Global online maps and an entire country (incl. its city maps) for offline use included (upgradeable), all core app features available offline
▸ TOP NAVIGATION INCL. PEDESTRIAN AND TRAFFIC (NEW!)
Full-fledged voice-guided turn-by-turn, now with dynamic traffic data (upgradeable), alternative routes, speed limit display, text-to-speech & top-notch pedestrian navigation, etc.
▸ COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL MAP AND INFO
Complete digital map functionality with high-end map engine for seamless display and interaction, Foursquare search and TripAdvisor information for hotels, bars, restaurants, clubs, sights, etc.
▸ OPENSTREETMAP INCL. MAP UPDATES
Global interactive and extremely detailed OSM map with several map updates per year free of charge
▸ EXTREMELY BROAD FUNCTIONALITY
Various search modes, free drive capability for orientation and warnings on each journey, routes for car, bicycle and pedestrian, etc.
Get Scout on your device and find out yourself, why the app has been sold millions of times (as “skobbler”) and has been one of the highest-rated map solutions for years.
In the following, you’ll find more detailed information on some of those points:
OFFLINE MAPS BASED ON OPENSTREETMAP
- In addition to the already included free country map, your app can optionally be enhanced with favorably priced map packages for offline usage (at a bargain price).
- Save storage space and install only those maps you currently need. That’s how the app can easily be customized to suit your needs.
- You get continuous map updates. Free of charge, of course.
- More than 1.5 million contributors make the OpenStreetMap one of the most detailed and dynamic digital maps, that is brought closer to perfection every day.
NAVIGATION WITH TRAFFIC INFORMATION AND SPEED CAM WARNING
- Let yourself be navigated to your destination. Precise and clearly understandable voice instruction will show you the way.
- Choose from three alternative routes and go for the best way.
- The already included traffic information feature keeps you updated on the current traffic situation. Avoid being caught up in traffic jams and make a detour round construction sites.
- International INRIX Traffic: This optional upgrade provides you with superior traffic intelligence by international market leader INRIX. It will greatly enhance routing during turn-by-turn navigation and displays additional color-coded information on the current traffic situation.
- Our free speed cam warning feature alerts you when approaching fixed speed cameras while in free drive or navigation mode and prevents you from getting speeding tickets.
Please note that the continuous use of the GPS will cause the battery to discharge more quickly. That’s why we recommend to leave your device connected to the charging cable during the entire trip.
What's New in Version 7.0
Today you receive Scout's new version. It contains the following enhancements:
- Pedestrian navigation: From now on, you'll be able to enjoy a real turn-by-turn navigation, also while on your way as pedestrian.
- Car finder: Pinpoint where you parked and never lose the way back to your car.
- Text-to-speech: Voice prompts are now also including street names for an even better orientation.
- Fresh map data: You get another map update for free (December 2014).
We hope that you will like the app’s new version and would be very glad, if you decided to leave a positive rating in the App Store.
In case of questions, problems or suggestions, please contact our support via e-mail (support[at]skobbler.com).
Thanks for using Scout.
Your Scout team
Can't find any better highly recommended 👍👍👍👍
I'm not normally one for writing reviews. but after using this app to drive over 3500 miles across Europe in multiple countries it never let me down and I felt it needed to be praised. The speed camera alerts are precise. The coverage of back roads and avoiding tolls is fantastic. Category search option works great it help me find local attractions services parking list is endless I had a blow out in Slovakia and using the category search option it even found me a tyre shop. The only problems I found with it was it doesn't like to re route when you use the find alternative option. And it crashed when I tried to get clever and use the augmented reality camera option. But the core app works fantastic I have used it on an iPod so no data is needed It works great off-line. Highly recommended if you're looking for a SatNav
Excellent satnav app
I downloaded this app to try , as I was reluctant to buy an expensive mainstream satnav with patchy reviews for my holiday driving across Europe. I downloaded the free map of France and then the paid maps of Germany and Austria. This is by far the best satnav experience I've had! In the 1600 miles I've driven, the app has not put a foot wrong. I've been able to basically let it do all the hard work and let me concentrate on driving. I drove blind on almost all of the roads and when I made mistakes, it rerouted me within seconds. One of the key selling points which was a definite winner is that it uses GPRS to navigate and therefore doesn't need data. I can't recommend this app highly enough.
Great Satnav app, but........
App works real well. Unlike some other reviews, it does search by postcode and did find a shop address I tried. Great to see clear map and directions, along with current speed as measured by GPS and time and distance to destination. Timely speed cam warnings too on audio. Visually shows speed limit of the road you're on (most of the time). Great to have UK map downloaded to avoid use of mobile data. Way better than standard iPhone Maps app, which quite often fails to find address required (including Home address sometimes). Only drawback is the speed at which it drains the iPhone battery. Even when hooked up to a charger it drains the battery - WHY? But for a free app, it's hard to fault.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 09 March 2015
- Version: 7.0
- Size: 62.1 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Developer: Telenav GmbH
- © 2015 Telenav GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Map access - UK£2.49
- Map access - Europe£3.99
- Map access - All maps£8.49
- Wallace & Gromit£2.99
- Stephen Fry£2.99
- Map access - France£2.49
- Mr. T£2.99
- Map access - Spain£2.49
- Map access - USA£2.49