GPS Navigation, Maps & Traffic - Scout (Sat Nav)
By Telenav GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PREMIUM NAVIGATION & MAPS.
GLOBAL MAPS INCLUDING ONE ENTIRE COUNTRY FOR OFFLINE USE.
OFFERING DYNAMIC TRAFFIC DATA AND TRUE PEDESTRIAN NAVIGATION.
NOW ALSO WITH ONE-BOX SEARCH AND AN IMPROVED FEEDBACK FEATURE.
Scout offers the proven quality of the multi-award winning international bestseller GPS Navigation (formerly known as “skobbler”) in a further advanced and significantly enhanced version. It’s the ultimate map & orientation tool for your phone or tablet.
▸ ONLINE AND OFFLINE FUNCTIONALITY
Global online maps and an entire country (incl. its city maps) for offline use included (upgradeable), all core app features available offline
▸ TOP NAVIGATION INCL. PEDESTRIAN AND TRAFFIC
Full-fledged voice-guided turn-by-turn, now with dynamic traffic data (upgradeable), alternative routes, speed limit display, text-to-speech & top-notch pedestrian navigation, etc.
▸ COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL MAP AND INFO
Complete digital map functionality with high-end map engine for seamless display and interaction, Foursquare search and TripAdvisor information for hotels, bars, restaurants, clubs, sights, etc.
▸ OPENSTREETMAP INCL. MAP UPDATES
Global interactive and extremely detailed OSM map with several map updates per year free of charge
▸ EXTREMELY BROAD FUNCTIONALITY
One-box search (for an even easier and more intuitive way of performing a search), free drive capability for orientation and warnings on each journey, routes for car, bicycle and pedestrian, etc.
Get Scout on your device and find out yourself, why the app has been sold millions of times (as “skobbler”) and has been one of the highest-rated map solutions for years.
In the following, you’ll find more detailed information on some of those points:
OFFLINE MAPS BASED ON OPENSTREETMAP
- In addition to the already included free country map, your app can optionally be enhanced with favorably priced map packages for offline usage (at a bargain price).
- Save storage space and install only those maps you currently need. That’s how the app can easily be customized to suit your needs.
- You get continuous map updates. Free of charge, of course.
- More than 1.5 million contributors make the OpenStreetMap one of the most detailed and dynamic digital maps, that is brought closer to perfection every day.
- The new feedback feature enables you to provide manual feedback directly from the main menu, whereas audio reporting allows you to notify us of any map bugs while in active navigation.
NAVIGATION WITH TRAFFIC INFORMATION AND SPEED CAM WARNING
- Let yourself be navigated to your destination. Precise and clearly understandable voice instruction will show you the way.
- Choose from three alternative routes and go for the best way.
- The already included traffic information feature keeps you updated on the current traffic situation. Avoid being caught up in traffic jams and make a detour round construction sites.
- International INRIX Traffic: This optional upgrade provides you with superior traffic intelligence by international market leader INRIX. It will greatly enhance routing during turn-by-turn navigation and displays additional color-coded information on the current traffic situation.
- Our free speed cam warning feature alerts you when approaching fixed speed cameras while in free drive or navigation mode and prevents you from getting speeding tickets.
Please note that the continuous use of the GPS will cause the battery to discharge more quickly. That’s why we recommend to leave your device connected to the charging cable during the entire trip.
What's New in Version 8.0
Today you receive the latest update of Scout with Bug fixes.
We hope that you will enjoy this improvement and would be very glad if you decide to leave a positive rating in the App Store.
In case of questions, problems or suggestions, please contact our support via e-mail (support-europe[at]telenav.com).
Thanks for using Scout.
Your Scout team
Hard to fault for the price. Once you've saved some favourite destinations and downloaded maps so it works offline, and got used to the strangely laid out preferences, it's very reliable and won't let you down when out of range of mobile data networks. But you do have to spend time learning to use it properly as it's not very intuitive- don't expect your passenger to be able to use it while you're driving - sure recipe for arguments! Sometimes it will cling to a route even when you are going more directly, and try to get you to backtrack unnecessarily, but in the main it's fine. I often run it in parallel with google maps and switch to whichever is behaving better at the time. What I desperately need though are waypoints that I can put in manually to have more control over the route.
Fantastic sat nav
I have used this app all over the world and have never had a issue using it. It even had every road on a recent visit to koh toa a very small island in Thailand.
I prefer to use this app than the sat nav in my jag as it shows all the speed cams even the ones all over Europe and it's 100% accurate. You can also plot every place you want to visit on your travels including hotels, restaurants and places of interest and save in your favourites. This was particularly useful on a resent road trip to the alps to drive all the passes.
Love the fact that you can download each country in the world individually so it does not use all my phones hard drive.
It is probably the best value for money app you can buy (cost me £8.99 for the whole world)but that was a couple of years ago.
Lots of my friends have brought this on my recommendation and all love using it instead of their cars SatNav.
Do not hesitate buying this app it's the business.
Great for cell service dead zones
I use this app constantly when heading out to hike in the U.K. Not much cell service in remote areas so google maps doesn't work. The offline option with this app is way better than google's, and its saved me many times. Also great when hiking as it shows trails, unlike google or Apple maps. Layout is a bit odd and takes getting used to. Would be an even better app if you could search for things the way you can in google. More waypoints and landmarks would be very helpful.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 09 November 2016
- Version: 8.0
- Size: 143 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Developer: Telenav GmbH
- © 2016 Telenav GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Map access - UK£2.99
- Map access - Europe£4.99
- Map access - All maps£10.99
- Stephen Fry£3.99
- Wallace & Gromit£3.99
- Map access - France£2.99
- Map access - Spain£2.99
- Mr. T£3.99
- Map access - USA£2.99