GPS Navigation, Maps & Traffic - Scout (Sat Nav)
By Telenav GmbH
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
PREMIUM NAVIGATION & MAPS.
GLOBAL MAPS INCLUDING ONE ENTIRE COUNTRY FOR OFFLINE USE.
OFFERING DYNAMIC TRAFFIC DATA AND TRUE PEDESTRIAN NAVIGATION.
NOW ALSO WITH ONE-BOX SEARCH AND AN IMPROVED FEEDBACK FEATURE.
Scout offers the proven quality of the multi-award winning international bestseller GPS Navigation (formerly known as “skobbler”) in a further advanced and significantly enhanced version. It’s the ultimate map & orientation tool for your phone or tablet.
▸ ONLINE AND OFFLINE FUNCTIONALITY
Global online maps and an entire country (incl. its city maps) for offline use included (upgradeable), all core app features available offline
▸ TOP NAVIGATION INCL. PEDESTRIAN AND TRAFFIC
Full-fledged voice-guided turn-by-turn, now with dynamic traffic data (upgradeable), alternative routes, speed limit display, text-to-speech & top-notch pedestrian navigation, etc.
▸ COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL MAP AND INFO
Complete digital map functionality with high-end map engine for seamless display and interaction, Foursquare search and TripAdvisor information for hotels, bars, restaurants, clubs, sights, etc.
▸ OPENSTREETMAP INCL. MAP UPDATES
Global interactive and extremely detailed OSM map with several map updates per year free of charge
▸ EXTREMELY BROAD FUNCTIONALITY
One-box search (for an even easier and more intuitive way of performing a search), free drive capability for orientation and warnings on each journey, routes for car, bicycle and pedestrian, etc.
Get Scout on your device and find out yourself, why the app has been sold millions of times (as “skobbler”) and has been one of the highest-rated map solutions for years.
In the following, you’ll find more detailed information on some of those points:
OFFLINE MAPS BASED ON OPENSTREETMAP
- In addition to the already included free country map, your app can optionally be enhanced with favorably priced map packages for offline usage (at a bargain price).
- Save storage space and install only those maps you currently need. That’s how the app can easily be customized to suit your needs.
- You get continuous map updates. Free of charge, of course.
- More than 1.5 million contributors make the OpenStreetMap one of the most detailed and dynamic digital maps, that is brought closer to perfection every day.
- The new feedback feature enables you to provide manual feedback directly from the main menu, whereas audio reporting allows you to notify us of any map bugs while in active navigation.
NAVIGATION WITH TRAFFIC INFORMATION AND SPEED CAM WARNING
- Let yourself be navigated to your destination. Precise and clearly understandable voice instruction will show you the way.
- Choose from three alternative routes and go for the best way.
- The already included traffic information feature keeps you updated on the current traffic situation. Avoid being caught up in traffic jams and make a detour round construction sites.
- International INRIX Traffic: This optional upgrade provides you with superior traffic intelligence by international market leader INRIX. It will greatly enhance routing during turn-by-turn navigation and displays additional color-coded information on the current traffic situation.
- Our free speed cam warning feature alerts you when approaching fixed speed cameras while in free drive or navigation mode and prevents you from getting speeding tickets.
Please note that the continuous use of the GPS will cause the battery to discharge more quickly. That’s why we recommend to leave your device connected to the charging cable during the entire trip.
What's New in Version 8.0
Today you receive the latest update of Scout with Bug fixes.
We hope that you will enjoy this improvement and would be very glad if you decide to leave a positive rating in the App Store.
In case of questions, problems or suggestions, please contact our support via e-mail (support-europe[at]telenav.com).
Thanks for using Scout.
Your Scout team
Hard to fault for the price. Once you've saved some favourite destinations and downloaded maps so it works offline, and got used to the strangely laid out preferences, it's very reliable and won't let you down when out of range of mobile data networks. But you do have to spend time learning to use it properly as it's not very intuitive- don't expect your passenger to be able to use it while you're driving - sure recipe for arguments! Sometimes it will cling to a route even when you are going more directly, and try to get you to backtrack unnecessarily, but in the main it's fine. I often run it in parallel with google maps and switch to whichever is behaving better at the time. What I desperately need though are waypoints that I can put in manually to have more control over the route.
I've had this App for a couple of years and always thought it was great for the price but the constant improvements now put it on par with mainstream sat navs, yet still a fraction of the price. The format takes a bit of getting used to but once you've mastered it you won't want to be without it by your side on all your travels. Being able to download separate areas as and when needed saves on phone memory but gives you the option to use off line which I have recently found most helpful whilst driving in the Arctic Circle where there is no signal and even the roads are difficult to see so accurate tracking was imperative. It's also a great tool whilst walking, whether being out in the wilderness or in a busy city.
Great Satnav app, but........
April 2017. The app has recently started to close during journeys. VERY ANNOYING, especially if using it while riding a motorcycle, as you have to stop and take off a glove to reset. Why is is doing this, all of a sudden? PLEASE FIX.
2016: See below, this App used to be very good. After a recent update, it is now useless.
Takes longer to start the App, then you have to click to configure a non-existent update.
But, worst of all, it now will not find any new address!
Plus, it now contains hundreds of addresses for so-called places of interest.
If it isn't fixed soon, I will simply uninstall it.
App works real well. Unlike some other reviews, it does search by postcode and did find a shop address I tried. Great to see clear map and directions, along with current speed as measured by GPS and time and distance to destination. Timely speed cam warnings too on audio. Visually shows speed limit of the road you're on (most of the time). Great to have UK map downloaded to avoid use of mobile data. Way better than standard iPhone Maps app, which quite often fails to find address required (including Home address sometimes). Only drawback is the speed at which it drains the iPhone battery. Even when hooked up to a charger it drains the battery - WHY? But for a free app, it's hard to fault.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 09 November 2016
- Version: 8.0
- Size: 143 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Developer: Telenav GmbH
- © 2016 Telenav GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Map access - UK£2.99
- Map access - Europe£4.99
- Map access - All maps£10.99
- Stephen Fry£3.99
- Wallace & Gromit£3.99
- Map access - France£2.99
- Map access - Spain£2.99
- Mr. T£3.99
- Map access - USA£2.99