Import and view GPS eXchange format (GPX) files. GPX-Viewer views GPX files exported from many GPS devices and other apps that create GPX files.
Import GPX files using iTunes file sharing, eMail, an URL, or from iCloud.
- Choose Apple Maps, Google Maps, OpenStreetMaps, or a custom map tile source URL.
- Chart elevation vs. track points or distance. Share the chart.
- Send the waypoints to Apple Maps or Google Maps.
- Email the file.
- Optionally disable screen auto-lock to keep the device from sleeping.
- Create folders to better organize your GPX files.
- Set different location tracking modes.
- Import GPX files to the current GPX file.
- Customize the color for waypoints, track points, routes and tracks.
- Hide or show the waypoints, track points, routes or tracks on the map.
- View track points on map.
A sample GPX file is included.
We also have a GPX Viewer and GPX Editor for the Macintosh computer. Visit our web site for more info.
Adjustments to the maps.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
This app has improved a lot since I first used a while ago, and I now have the GPX Editor on my Mac as well. On iOS, I can import and view my gpx tracks using whatever map is best, and that can vary according to where I am at the time. I’ve not given 5 stars though, because the GPX import is a bit naff - you have to open the Files list before anything gets imported, which invariably means a double run at the import as the list is never open when I just Open-In from another app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your interest in GPX-Viewer. The File list issue has been fixed in the latest release.
Good but not perfect
Wanted a GPX analysis tool to export GFXBench from cycle app to give detailed feedback as you get with strava and other apps. One basic feature I cannot find is the ability to change units from km to miles and metres to feet etc. Expected the option in settings.
Developer Response ,
The app uses the units that are set in your phones General->Language & Region settings.
Does exactly what I wanted it to
I wanted an app that I could import gpx tracks created in Strava onto my phone so that I could run them without having to carry sheets of paper printed off.
This app does this perfectly 🤗
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.