The official magazine of the hit TV series, Grand Designs Magazine is one of the best modern homes and interiors titles, packed with inspiring projects, expert advice and must-see shopping. With more than 50 pages of real homes every issue, dozens of pages dedicated to the latest launches and innovations, and fact-filled features dedicated to kitchens, bathrooms and decorating, it's an essential read whether you're embarking on a total redesign or simply smartening up your existing rooms.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
• Bookmark favourite pages or search results to read later.
• Included Social Media sharing feature allowing you to share pages with friends via Twitter or Facebook etc
• If your institution has a magazine subscription, you can access it directly from within your registered IP range.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£1.49 per month
£16.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
This app is quite jerky when it comes to turning pages and does not flow - annoying with a magazine that puts photos across two pages. However, the most infuriating thing is the non-appearance of the regular supplements that the print editions carry. Other magazines manage to do this perfectly well so I cannot see why Grand Designs cannot provide a digital version of supplements. I have asked, but have been totally ignored. I won't be renewing.
Very poor and no easy way to cancel subscription
Very poor and no obvious way of cancelling subscription
This has become a waste of money in a very short time. The first issues were well worthwhile. Now, almost every swipe leads to an advert. Most articles are thinly- disguised sales pitches. The original concept was a highly entertaining and educative free-to-air tv programme. The magazine and the app originally offered something similar.
But these publishers now seem to be living in the past - a world where people paid money to read adverts. Thanks, but I can do that for free elsewhere.
Give me good content with links to relevant suppliers and I will make links to the things that interest me. Or give me free content and I'll accept the adverts ... But I won't read them, just hasten past. That's the way of this technology.
- Exact Editions Ltd
- 20.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2018 Exact Editions Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Grand Designs £2.29
- Grand Designs £22.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.