***PLEASE NOTE: This game is officially supported on the following devices only: iPhone 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6s, 6 Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, iPod Touch 6th Gen, iPad Mini 1, 2, 3 & 4, iPad 2, 3rd Gen, 4th Gen, iPad Air 1 & 2, and iPad Pro.***
Five years ago, Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas, a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Where filmstars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangbangers.
Now, it’s the early 90’s. Carl’s got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster.
On his return to the neighborhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets.
Rockstar Games brings its biggest release to mobile yet with a vast open-world covering the state of San Andreas and its three major cities – Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas – with enhanced visual fidelity and over 70 hours of gameplay.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas features:
• Remastered, high-resolution graphics built specifically for mobile including lighting enhancements, an enriched color palette and improved character models.
• Enhanced for the iPhone 5 series and iPad 4th Gen and above with dynamic detailed shadows and real-time environmental reflections.
• Physical controller support for all Made for iOS controllers.
• Cloud save support for playing across all your iOS devices for Rockstar Social Club Members.
• Dual analog stick controls for full camera and movement control.
• Three different control schemes and customizable controls with contextual options to display buttons only when you need them.
Languages Supported: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian and Japanese.
*To listen to your custom playlist, simply create a playlist titled “GTASA”, launch the game, and select the radio station “MIXTAPE”.
Mobile Version developed by War Drum Studios
Find out more:
Full screen support on iPhone X
General bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Unlimited Fun in an Open World
My first experience of GTA was GTA IV on the Xbox with Nico Bellic. I remember thinking that it was (at the time) just the most fun game ever...it ticked all the boxes, with storyline missions, side quests, a good story & importantly HOURS (days!) of game play.
Anyway, I’ve been without the Xbox for some years and missed the experience; I never thought GTA would transfer onto the phone but I decided to give it a shot a few weeks ago. I was NOT disappointed with this. Playing as CJ and manoeuvring out of the ghetto, with the usual mix of bent cops, shady types, treacherous allies...it’s just brilliant. The three different cities on the map, the variety of vehicles (the flight! Though I can’t say I love the plane missions!)...it’s just so rich, so fun & so engaging. I’m in a second play through now and have found things I didn’t the first time.
Easily 5* - I wish the other GTAs available were as good as this one!
Better than the original!
This game is amazing, I played it on PS2 back in the day PS3 when it was ported to that and XBox just because! Now from what I can tell they’ve not added anything however they have removed cheats for this port so don’t get your hopes up for the jet pack!
On a technical front the textures look okay, I can’t tell if they’ve made them a higher res but they’ve definitely altered the material properties for just about everything! Most things in game have a nice shine to them (including fabrics for some reason) but I guess it creates that illusion of HDness. The game runs without issue on the IPhone 6 however I wouldn’t recommend buying for the smaller IPhone 5 or 4 simply due to the screen size, and the controls being a little bit close together.
I have to say if you can look past the bad acting, you’ll love this game.
Note: for some reason pool still breaks, ever since PS2 I’ve never been able to finish a game of pool with ai as it pauses half way through and I can’t continue
GTA SA for the PS2 was one of my first ever experiences with gaming, so there might be a bias, however such a vast and amazing game on a PHONE is just the best idea ever. I wasn’t a fan of the graphics, they made everything shiny and reflective, but the core game is still there. All of the gun and vehicle spawns I remember are there, the map hasn’t changed one bit and its San Andreas as I remember it. The controls are a bit hard to get used to at first but begin to feel natural as you adjust them in the settings. Minigames such as working out at gyms have been adapted for mobile use. Even though everything now is disturbingly shiny, it’s still San Andreas.
- Rockstar Games, Inc.
- 2.1 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humour
- Frequent/Intense Simulated Gambling
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2013
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.