By Slowchop Studios
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Gravit is visually stunning gravity simulator, where you can spend many hours of fun and experimentation. It simulates the N-body problem using the Barnes-Hut Algorithm.
** NOTE ** There is a bug with the keyboard controls. You must hold down the "fn" key when pressing the function keys (F1-F12). Press:
- fn-F8 to start a new simulation
- fn-F6 to start recording
This will be fixed very soon, with on-screen buttons.
Many features including:
- It looks pretty and is easy to use.
- View the simulation in 3D using stereoscopic imaging!
- You can record, then play back at any speed
- Stores every particle's position for every frame in memory
- Compresses history when needed, for very long recordings
- Mouse controllable rotation
- Colours can be based on mass, velocity, acceleration, momentum or kinetic energy
- See an octtree being created in real-time
- Save/Load functionality
- Update display/input while recording a frame
Pretty graphics, it's nice to watch....
... but .... where are the instructions? and I don't mean the on-screen keyboard references. I mean an explanation to what 'Record [F6]' actually does? Do you have to 'record' to run/watch it? Why? Where exactly is it 'recording' to?? Why can't I just 'run the simulation' watch the pretty graphics and be done with it? Also... where is the Screenshots directory? Configuration options?
Sorry if this seems harsh but the 'support' site is barren at best. If you consider/add these missing things, I will gladly re-review positively.
Press F1 for keyboard controls.
This is a rly cool app its a shame that you don't have any controll over the particles...
Its like a video in 3D and you can watch particles flying around from different angles, speed etc.
practically broken my laptop
after i downloaded this app, about 5 minutes into playing it; it crashed and then my mac wouldn't respond what so ever, even when i closed it; it wouldnt go on standby, so i then had to restart. i now keep getting "problem reports" when i try to do a few simple things on my laptop, like change my background, upload photos to a website, or even open safari or firefox.
its only been since this app crashed on me that these "problem reports" have been coming up.