Whether you dream of joining the bakers in the Great British Bake Off tent one day, or you just want to be a star baker in your own home, this app is designed to take you step by step through the methods, tips and techniques you need to create the most delicious bakes.
Each recipe has a difficulty rating so you can choose the right one for your skill level, and clear step-by-step baking instructions.
- A selection of free recipes to start you on your journey towards better baking.
- A GBBO Baker’s Guide containing expert advice to help improve your skills.
- An in-app camera so you can snap and share your bakes.
- A personalized shopping list that syncs with your device reminders.
- Timers placed right where you need them.
- Favorite your best bakes so they’re always easy to find.
- Make notes of any tips, tricks or substitutions alongside your favorite bakes
You can purchase additional recipe collections to expand your repertoire and we will update the app regularly with delicious new bakes.
So, what are you waiting for?
Ready . . . set . . . bake!
- Bug fixes
- iOS 11 support
- A new name - GBBO: Better Baking
Ratings and Reviews
Could be better.
I have tried two recipes from this app now. And I like the variations on traditional recipes.
The good things first:
• nice and interesting recipes
• shopping list feature is a good idea (more on that later)
• nice and friendly looking layout
Now for the bed things:
• the app hangs quite a bit (on latest iPhone with lates iOS updates)
• navigating between the ingredients and the instructions becomes a bit of a pain because the app just hangs which means you have to go out of the recipe and restart the app almost every time you switching between the two.
• the shopping list feature crashes the app
• no auto on feature whilst in the app (like, for example in Kitchen Stories) when your phone switches off, which basically means you have to touch your phone with your floury fingers when moving on to the next step.
• too expensive for what it is. I can look most of these recipes up online without paying a penny.
Needs a lot of improvement.
The app won't even load on my iPad so have resorted to reading recipes on my phone which isn't very easy to do when baking as the screen is so small. Was expecting much more from this, such a shame so many recipes are hidden behind pay walls. I was hoping it would link more into the current series of GBBO, but the focus seems to be on last year.
The app seems ok, recipes look really nice, but a big lack of video guidance which poor by today's standards. But the killer is, it's very laggy with slow inputs, you end up pressing a button multiple times to get something to work, then all of a sudden it wakes up and tries to do it 10 times all at once
- Bookpoint Limited
- 32 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © Love Productions 2015 Copyright © Hodder & Stoughton 2015
- In-App Purchases
- Easy Biscuits £0.99
- Fruity Cakes £0.99
- Breakfast Breads £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.