The app, developed in association with Tesco Real Food, delivers 105 easy-to-follow recipes, which have been specially conceived to be cooked with children. These exclusive recipes range from fun tea-time dinners such as ‘pizza hearts’, ‘campfire chilli con carne’ or ‘Rice Krispie fish fingers’ to special treats like ‘bacon roly polies’, ‘choux caterpillar’, ‘sweetcorn and tomato muffins’ and ‘popping chocolate orange bites’ to tasty desserts like ‘tropical fruit rockets’ or ‘London Eye tart’.
The Cooking with Kids app, which follows the success of the Great British Chefs Recipes, Feastive and Summertime apps, features recipes from some of the most dynamic chefs in the country and which have been devised to encourage kids to get more involved in the preparation/cooking of the dishes.
The app also includes a series of How To videos, four of which are pre-downloaded, specifically created to help children learn some of the basics as well as some of the more complicated techniques involved.
21 chefs have contributed recipes in the Cooking with Kids app: Marcus Wareing, Nathan Outlaw, Alfred Prasad, Dominic Chapman, Marcello Tully, Galton Blackiston, Matt Tomkinson, Shaun Rankin, Josh Eggleton, Frances Atkins, Shaun Hill, Bruno Loubet, Adam Gray, the Galvin brothers, Colin McGurran, Andy Waters, William Drabble, Adam Bennett, Lisa Allen, Mark Dodson and Alyn Williams.
- 105 beautifully photographed recipes, the ingredients of which all link through directly to TESCO’s website so you can buy whatever you need in a click.
- Recipes include cooking times, equipment, cooking tips, Guideline Daily Allowance (GDA) and clear method steps.
- Intuitive navigation and search functionality so you can find the recipes you’re after, whether searching by ingredient, category, course, complexity or chef.
- Making the cooking process easier, the voice control function allows you to cook without even touching your iPhone or iPod.
- You can add notes against recipes if you wish to add a personal touch.
- And you can easily share all of the recipes with your friends via email, facebook and twitter.
- Full information on all the chefs and their restaurants, including a cookbook list.
- A series of ‘how to’ films for particularly tricky stages of recipes.
- The easy-to-use shopping list allows you to combine all recipes and view the ingredients by aisle, add your own ingredients and email yourself or a friend the list if you prefer paper.
- Metric to US Imperial switch.
GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Great British Chefs celebrates and champions the best chefs in Britain, who cook in their restaurants on a daily basis and whose food is distinctive and crafted with love and care.
Visit our website www.greatbritishchefs.com, join our facebook group www.facebook.com/greatbritishchefs, +1 us on plus.google.com/+greatbritishchefs or follow us on twitter @gbchefs for more information.
Tesco Real Food is an award-winning food website, giving customers inspirational ideas for family meals. Customers can click to shop ingredients at Tesco on over 4000 of Real Food recipes, and plan simple, delicious meals for the week ahead with the meal planner.
Visit our website www.tesco.com/realfood, join us on Facebook www.facebook.com/tesco or follow us on twitter @tescorealfood for recipe inspiration.
Optimised for iOS7 (addressed related snags).
Updated content including copy and a few images assets.
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant, so many good ideas - how to fix blank screen
Been using this app for a few days now, cooked a few of the recipes already. Recommend the Rice Krispie fish fingers and recipes like the vegetable garden are a great idea.
Anyone struggling with the blank screen, this can be fixed by :
1. Press home button
2. Double tapping home button
3. Hold down finger on this apps icon
4. Wait until they start to wobble and have a Red Cross
5. Click the Red Cross on this app until it vanishes
6. Run the app again
Even if you are getting a couple of bugs. I still feel this app has soo much to offer, getting my kids in the kitchen more and enjoying this type of food is something I have been trying to do for years.
Great idea. Poor execution.
At first glance, it looks like a solid app. Great content with seemingly easy option to create shopping lists. But soon bugs and issues start to appear. None of the videos work, for example. Or if you accidentally change tab, you'll have to browse all the way back to the recipe you were looking at. It's not the most intuitive navigation.
UPDATE: I assumed videos didn't work because their servers were busy. I was wrong. Down to one star from two.
Great recipes & stunning photography
Recipes look amazing and kids are having fun scrolling through all of the images deciding which to make. Kids also really liked the children's voices in the videos as they made the techniques seem more achieveable.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.