Great British Picnics
By Grey Advertising Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Britain’s best place to eat – the great outdoors.
Come rain or shine, the Great British Picnics App will help you explore hundreds of miles of forests, parks, beaches and bays in the hunt for the perfect picnic.
We couldn’t just write about picnics from behind a desk – so we’ve travelled the length and breadth of Britain to bring the pick of the ‘nics to your fingertips including:
• Country Life Gold Picnic Spots – We’ve visited all these places and have the sunburn and soggy blankets to prove it. In-depth reviews, photos and local recommendations. Happy days.
• The Guardian Picnic Spots - our friends at The Guardian reveal their Top 50.
• And hundreds more… recommended and uploaded by app users across the country so you’re sure to find some near you – and if not, you can add, review, rate and share your own.
But finding a great picnic spot is only the beginning. As well as dozens of deliciously simple step by step recipes to make any picnic perfect, the app also helps you:
• Create your own treasure hunt using your camera
• Check the 5 day forecast for your next blanket banquet
• Go bird, tree or cloud spotting with beautifully illustrated guides
• Enjoy picnics with a twist: from night picnics to romantic retreats
• Find nature’s own First Aid remedies
• Discover the very best local farm shop ingredients wherever you are
• Leave your virtual mark in the country using augmented reality
• Hold your own Olympic(nic)s
And it’s all for free. Which in our humble opinion is the best thing about any great picnic.
We hope you enjoy using our App as much as we enjoyed making it.
Cheers from everyone at Country Life butter
Awarded ****FWA MOBILE APP OF THE DAY****
What's New in Version 2.1.2
Minor cosmetic changes
Nice little app with ideas for where to go, what to take (incl recipe ideas) & what to do when you get there with ideas for games etc. Good if you have kids & especially with summer hols coming up (if the sun comes out)! Only downside is there doesn't seem to be many picnic spots near me (South Devon - odd as there are loads of places I feel are good picnicking spots)! A useful feature would be if users could share their favourite picnic spots with photos!
Great little app. Expected it to be full of ads for Countrylife but has some great recipes, ideas and detailed info. Lovely places to go. Well done!
Can't wait for the next sunny day to try this out. It is beautifully detailed and well thought out. A very British app.