Grid for iPad has content for everyone – with resources for symbol and text AAC, for all ages and levels of literacy. It is easy to use, easy to edit, and easy to make your own. Try it for free for 30 days - voice included!
WHO IS IT FOR?
Grid for iPad is designed for people with conditions such as:
- ALS / MND
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down’s syndrome
- Learning difficulties
- Stroke / Aphasia
- Range of research-based AAC resources
- Fast and intuitive in-app editing
- Online Grids – our free resource store
- Remote editing – from any Windows computer
- SymbolStix and Widgit symbols included
- Available in 14 languages
- Super Core – research-based core vocabulary designed for children starting out with AAC
- Text Talker – instant communication for literate users
- Many more ready-made resources for communication and literacy development
Grid for iPad is available through a monthly subscription with a 30-day free trial or as a one-off purchase. You can cancel your subscription at any time.
MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS
Your Grid for iPad 30-day trial will begin after the confirmation of purchase of the Grid for iPad subscription. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at the end of the 30-day trial period unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the trial period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The Grid for iPad monthly subscription can be managed from Account Settings in your iPad settings.
New commands for adjusting settings, changing voices and switching between audio devices such as headphones and speakers.
- Symbols with two-word search terms not showing up correctly
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderful app and great support
I have early ALS, and it has impacted my speaking. I started voice banking too late, and had been getting increasingly frustrated at being unable to easily continue both my coaching work and general conversation.
Grid for iPad is giving me real hope that I can stay engaged in both areas.
I’m pretty tech savvy, but it did take a bit of time and some swearing to understand just how clever the grid idea they’ve created is. It allows easy creation and modification of sentences, with storage and easy retrieval of what you’ve said before, or of simply useful phrases and sentences they’ve collected.
In addition, I love that I can create my own categories of sentences, so I am now building the set of key questions I ask people when I’m coaching in the job club I set up 4 yrs ago. It’s given me hope I won’t have to stop.
And having put a lot of time into creating my own grids and words, I was relieved today to set up backup onto Dropbox.
Finally, I cannot speak highly enough of the support team. I’ve pinged in questions every day since installing last weekend, and they’ve replied promptly and with really well explained answers. Fantastic.
Feeling much more hopeful. Thank you.
- Smartbox Assistive Technology Ltd
- 821.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Smartbox Assistive Technology Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Grid for iPad Subscription £9.99
- Grid for iPad full licence £349.99
- Acapela Lucy Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.