By Sensory Software International
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Grid Player is an Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) App that helps people who cannot speak or who have unclear speech to communicate. Sentences that you create are spoken out loud.
Grid Player is suitable for a wide range of people with communication difficulties, including those who use symbols.
Grid Player is designed for use with The Grid 2, allowing you to play your grids on iPad. If you don't have The Grid 2, you can use Grid Player with four complete grid sets: Symbol Talker A, Symbol Talker B, Talking Photographs and Text Talker Phrasebook.
Please note that you need a Online Grids account to use Grid Player. You can create an account for free within the Grid Player app, or sign in to an existing account.
GRID PLAYER FEATURES
• Over 12,000 Widgit Symbols
• Over 12,000 SymbolStix Symbols
• High-quality male and female voices
• “TouchType” word prediction for faster typing
• Prediction suggestions with symbols to help with word recognition
• Word list grids for large topics
• Copy sentences to use with Twitter, Facebook, etc
SYMBOL TALKER A and B
• Dynamic screen AAC
• Uses Widgit symbols
• Over 2,000 unique words in over 50 topics
• Two vocabulary sizes (levels A and B)
• Over 1000 vivid photographs
• 42 categories
• Inspirational for education and communication
TEXT TALKER PHRASEBOOK
• Over 100 instant phrases
• 10 topics to discuss
• Quick response buttons for answering questions
Grid Player is suitable for people with a wide range of disabilities, including cerebral palsy, motor-neurone disease (ALS), autism, apraxia, traumatic brain injury, stroke and deafness. It can also be used in education for people with learning difficulties or special needs, and with young children.
All over the world, thousands of people are communicating with The Grid 2 from Sensory Software. Install Grid Player and you can join the conversation today!
What's New in Version 1.7.1
Fixes an occasional crash when opening grids.
Just unreal this app
My son age nearly 5 has autism and was pretty much non verbal 12 months ago, he started using grid player and his speak had developed so much. He knows months of the year and so much other stuff, can't thank the developers enough for this app. You've done something none of us could do. I would pay hundreds of pounds out of my pocket for a huge version of this, it's brilliant x
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 02 April 2015
- Version: 1.7.1
- Size: 12.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: Sensory Software International Ltd
- © 2011-2014 Sensory Software International Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.