By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
GRID™ - Racing on the Mac just got exciting again.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Gear up for the ride of your life with this exhilarating mix of sweet handling, dazzling visuals and blistering speed. GRID puts you behind the wheel of the world’s premiere high-performance race cars and then sets you loose on the world’s most spectacular tracks.
Race your way from the US to Europe and on to Japan in a career mode that sees you advance all the way from rookie to champion. With a shattering damage model, adjustable difficulty settings and a handy “flashback” feature, GRID rides the sweet spot between sim realism and addictive arcade racing.
• Have it both ways! GRID delivers the satisfying challenge of a thoroughbred driving sim along with the instant gratification of an arcade racer.
• Choose your ride! Get behind the wheel of an incredible selection of licenced supercars including the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, the Lamborghini Murcielago R GT and the Aston Martin DBR9.
• Race your way around the world, from American city streets to Japanese mountain roads to prestigious European circuits.
• Master five driving disciplines from the thrill of white-knuckle downhill drift racing to the metal-on-metal havoc of demolition derby.
• Go an extra lap with the 8-Ball and Prestige DLC packs, which soup up the Race Day and online modes with extra cars, new events and a new track.
• Take control of the game with a large selection of supported gamepads and steering wheels.
• Challenge your friends in frenetic LAN and online multiplayer battles!
Important information regarding GRID:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 1.8GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 8GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA series, NVIDIA 330M, NVIDIA 7xxx series and NVIDIA 8xxx series.
• The following cards require you to have 8GB of System RAM: Intel HD3000, NVIDIA 9400 and NVIDIA 320M.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
• You can find out more about the game on the GRID mini-site at feralinteractive.com/grid
© 2007–2013 The Codemasters Software Company Limited (“Codemasters”). Originally developed and published by Codemasters. All rights reserved. “Codemasters”® is a registered trademark owned by Codemasters. “GRID”™ and the Codemasters logo are trademarks of Codemasters. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. This game is NOT licensed by or associated with the FIA or any related company. All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are being used under license. All rights reserved.
What's New in Version 1.1
• Improved wheel and gamepad support.
• Improved windowed mode support.
• Fixes QuickTime video looping.
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
Nice visuals, shame about the controls.
**Updated review from V1**
I’ve been (attempting) to play this for a while now. Let’s start with the good stuff:
- Graphically, it’s great.
- It appears to have lots of diversity and longevity to it. The vast array of courses, modes and cars helps and the destruction derby certainly appears fun.
- Good to see some of the initial bugs from V1 have been fixed.
I still feel, however, that the controls continue to let the game down.
Initially, I played with the keyboard. This was a pretty awful experience and invariably resulted in the car disappearing off the track into the wall at the lightest of touches. I’d tried using a variety of different sensitivity settings but could never get it right. I then got my hands on an analogue controller, but even that didn't improve matters. The centre-line seemed to keep changing and it still felt extremely hard work, even with all the driving aids on.
Now, I’ll be the first to admit that any good game takes perserverance, but after many months of trying I’m still finding this one to be impenetrable. I’ve always been a fan of driving games, but feel I’m going to end up removing this one as I’m getting little joy from it as a casual gamer. As a friend who also played this said, “GRID takes itself a little bit too seriously”.
Multiplayer, why not?
The game itself is amazing, vast array of courses and visual car customization. What made this game great on Xbox/PS3 platforms was the multiplayer. Racing against AI does get tiresome, its much more fun playing with friends and strangers. I wish the App Store mentioned that only LAN link-up was possible (unless it does and I’ve missed it?). However despite the lack of multiplayer this game is a steal for £3.99!
I as just wondering if anyone know why while im playing the response form clicking they keys to action happening to the car in the game it take a while and this lag makes the game much more difficult anyone have an idea? thanks
- Category: Games
- Updated: 13 November 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 7.33 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Developer: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © 2007–2013 The Codemasters Software Company Limited. Originally developed and published by Codemasters. All rights reserved. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.5 or later