Group the Loop
By Jack Marshall
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Group the Loop brings intelligent audio looping to the iPad. Record, loop, overdub, add effects and much more! The must have music creation tool for performers, song writers and beat boxers.
Create entire songs with complex verse, bridge and chorus structures then switch between them in real time.
Build intricate layers and construct brilliant textured soundscapes with limitless overdubbing and perfectly synchronised loops.
Ableton Link support. Play in time with other music apps and devices.
Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support. Send and receive live audio between music apps.
Jam along with ‘Drummer’, a realistic drum machine with a comprehensive collection of styles and beats to choose from.
• Record and loop your voice or instrument.
• Group together loops and create multiple sections (e.g. Verse, Bridge, Chorus).
• Record and switch between groups in real time.
• Ableton Link support. Play in time with other Ableton Link enabled apps and devices.
• Audiobus support. Send and receive live audio between music apps within Audiobus.
• Inter-App Audio support. Send and receive live audio between music apps using IAA connections.
• AudioShare compatible - Import and export loops via AudioShare.
• Flexible tempo - Change tempo with the choice of pitch or time stretch algorithms.
• Realtime effects including reverb, delay and audio filters. Add these to individual loops and the audio input.
• MIDI control. Plug in a MIDI device (e.g MIDI foot pedal) and control Group the Loop remotely.
• ‘Master Group’. This is for loops that play throughout your song. Great for drums and percussion.
• ‘Count In’. Keep your hands free and let Group the Loop count you in to record.
• Drummer. Jam along to a comprehensive collection of grooves and beats.
• Overdub. Add layers to your loops.
• Undo / redo overdub layers.
• Metronome. Customise the tempo, time signature and sound.
• Mix. Adjust the volume and pan for individual loops and groups.
• Loop Labels. Label each loop, (e.g Drums, Bass, Lead).
• Headphone monitoring. Monitor your instrument through your headphones.
• ‘CUE’ mode - Automatically start and stop recording loops in multiples of the session clock. Turn ‘CUE’ off for instant and continuous recording.
• Performance Recording. Record your song/performance in real time and share it with the world.
• Move. Move loops between groups.
• Merge. Combine two loops.
• Sample accurate recording. Keep your loops in perfect sync.
• High resolution waveform display for every loop.
• External audio interface support. Plug in an audio interface and connect to a PA or amplifier.
What's New in Version 1.3.1
•48kHz sample rate support.
•More time signature options.
•Virtual MIDI support.
•Updated Ableton Link library.
•Optimisations and bug fixes.