The Guardian and Observer daily edition
By Guardian News and Media Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Guardian and Observer daily edition beautifully re-imagines the newspaper for the iPad. Each issue showcases our comprehensive international reporting, thoughtful commentary, award-winning sports journalism and unique approach to culture, science, the environment, media and technology coverage.
Full feature list
- editions every day of the week including all content from the main sections of the Guardian and Observer newspapers
- on Saturday, Weekend magazine, the Guide and the Sport, Cultural Review, Travel, Family, Money and Work sections are all included along with the main section of the paper
- on Sunday, the Observer's news sections, Sport, New Review and Magazine all appear weekly, with Observer Food and Tech Monthly magazines included once each month
- crosswords: Quick and Cryptic puzzles every day, including the Prize cryptic on Saturday and the Speedy and Everyman puzzles with the Observer on Sunday
- full compatibility with Apple’s Newsstand service - background downloading of every issue so it's ready for you when you want it
- copy and select text or look up words using Apple’s inbuilt dictionary
- editions from the last month available in the archive
- all article and picture content downloaded for reading offline
- stunning photojournalism and full screen cartoons
- in-article image galleries and interactive graphics
- video embedded in articles viewable when online
- share stories via Facebook, Twitter, Instapaper, Google+ and email
- swipe to navigate between sections or stories
- related articles within the edition highlighted
- related online articles open in an in-app browser
The Guardian and Observer daily edition is free for a limited period then available via one of our monthly auto-renewable subscriptions:
- £11.99 for full seven-day access, saving over 25% compared with separate Guardian and Observer digital subscriptions
- £9.99 for Monday to Saturday (Guardian) issues only
- £6.99 for Sunday (Observer) issues only
- payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- your account will be charged for renewal within the 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same cost as your chosen subscription
- you can manage your subscription via your iTunes account and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase
- no cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period
- any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to the Guardian and Observer iPad edition
- The Guardian reserves the right to alter the pricing at any point
- all content in the Guardian and Observer daily edition is copyright Guardian News and Media Ltd 2015. All rights reserved
- terms and conditions: http://www.theguardian.com/help/terms-of-service
What's New in Version 3.3
Fix for the sharing functionality.
It's just the newspaper: and that's a good thing
I'm a former (paying) user of the Guardian app.
I've moved to this precisely because it is just the newspaper: it doesn't update every few minutes (there are plenty of sources of news if you want that), there are no annoying and useless user comments full of arguments between people who live under bridges and so on. But because it's electronic there's no pile of paper to recycle every week.
The only thing I'd like is more of the content (NOT the user comments) from the webby thing.
Great app for offline reading but could be more interactive
Want to read offline? This app is great for that.
Want to save an article as a bookmark or for later reading? Not possible. Shame.
I would love to add articles to favourites, Mark them for sharing later when I am connected to the Internet, and our some other way to share content in similar way that you can do when you visit the website.
Great app, for reading the news. Could be improved to be more interactive though.
Well formulated but nasty nasty
Easy to use and navigate and some insightful and thoughtful pieces but an over abundance of bitterness and criticism. Not objective. Gets depressing. Am going to search for a more open minded and less patronising bunch of writers elsewhere. Shame really, in its own way it's another version of the red rag tabloids they so despise.
- Category: News
- Updated: 03 June 2016
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 10.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Guardian News & Media Ltd
- © 2015, Guardian News & Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Guardian iPad edition£9.99
- Guardian & Observer iPad edition£11.99
- Observer iPad edition£1.99
- Observer iPad edition£6.99