The Guardian and Observer daily edition
By Guardian News and Media Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Guardian and Observer daily edition beautifully re-imagines the newspaper for the iPad. Each issue showcases our comprehensive international reporting, thoughtful commentary, award-winning sports journalism and unique approach to culture, science, the environment, media and technology coverage.
Full feature list
- editions every day of the week including all content from the main sections of the Guardian and Observer newspapers
- on Saturday, Weekend magazine, the Guide and the Sport, Cultural Review, Travel, Family, Money and Work sections are all included along with the main section of the paper
- on Sunday, the Observer's news sections, Sport, New Review and Magazine all appear weekly, with Observer Food and Tech Monthly magazines included once each month
- crosswords: Quick and Cryptic puzzles every day, including the Prize cryptic on Saturday and the Speedy and Everyman puzzles with the Observer on Sunday
- full compatibility with Apple’s Newsstand service - background downloading of every issue so it's ready for you when you want it
- copy and select text or look up words using Apple’s inbuilt dictionary
- editions from the last month available in the archive
- all article and picture content downloaded for reading offline
- stunning photojournalism and full screen cartoons
- in-article image galleries and interactive graphics
- video embedded in articles viewable when online
- share stories via Facebook, Twitter, Instapaper, Google+ and email
- swipe to navigate between sections or stories
- related articles within the edition highlighted
- related online articles open in an in-app browser
The Guardian and Observer daily edition is free for a limited period then available via one of our monthly auto-renewable subscriptions:
- £11.99 for full seven-day access, saving over 25% compared with separate Guardian and Observer digital subscriptions
- £9.99 for Monday to Saturday (Guardian) issues only
- £6.99 for Sunday (Observer) issues only
- payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- your account will be charged for renewal within the 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same cost as your chosen subscription
- you can manage your subscription via your iTunes account and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase
- no cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period
- any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to the Guardian and Observer iPad edition
- The Guardian reserves the right to alter the pricing at any point
- all content in the Guardian and Observer daily edition is copyright Guardian News and Media Ltd 2015. All rights reserved
- terms and conditions: http://www.theguardian.com/help/terms-of-service
What's New in Version 3.5
The app now correctly recognises a 6-digit Subscriber Id.
Actually only 4.75 stars
The nit-picking bit: I would like to see the other puzzles, like Sudoku, included. Hence the 4.75 stars.
The important bit: it's great. I read it on my iPad 2 when at home and on my Nexus 7 when on a bus or train journey; the Nexus fits my inside jacket pocket. The attractive layout is easy to use, and the photos are great - the print version can't match that.
I used to buy the newspaper every so often (often depending on the weather), but now I can read it while I'm having my early morning coffee every day and it's even cheaper.
Great app, but we need to go further to support this sort of quality journalism
Wonderful app. Great navigation, and content goes beyond paper version with videos and links. Strangely, I seem to read many more of the sections in the digital format. I feel slightly guilty that I'm now paying much less than I did for the paper version so I'm joining the guardian as a member - only £49 for the year and still cheaper when added to the digital subscription. Good to get a bargain, but more important to support independent journalism
I love The Guardian, and I love this app!
The fact that I can sit in bed with a cup of tea at 6.30am and get access to the Guardian's unrivalled journalism without having to get in the car to drive to a paper shop 3 miles away (I live in a rural area) is fantastic... and the fact that I'm saving resources (paper) and reducing my emissions (fuel) is important.
The app is very intuitive to navigate, and by subscribing, I am supporting this vital newspaper.
The app also makes it easy for me to share content on Facebook and Twitter, and I do this every day. Love it!
- Category: News
- Updated: 24 November 2016
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 20.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Guardian News & Media Ltd
- © 2015, Guardian News & Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Guardian iPad edition£9.99
- Guardian & Observer iPad edition£11.99
- Observer iPad edition£1.99
- Observer iPad edition£6.99