By Guardian News and Media Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GuardianWitness is the home of user-generated content on the Guardian. Contribute to live news stories and help us to report the day's events, take part in exclusive competitions and assignments, and even send in your own ideas for stories and features. GuardianWitness is the best way to be part of the Guardian's award-winning journalism, comment, and reporting.
Full feature list:
- Browse open assignments
- View other people's contributions to see what everyone's saying and find inspiration
- Sign-in to submit video, photos, or text to assignments
- Access exclusive GuardianWitness competitions and assignments
- Send us ideas for stories and features
- Sign-in with Facebook or Twitter, or your existing Guardian ID
- View your full list of contributions and their statuses
GuardianWitness is supported by EE, the first providers of 4G in Britain, who are transforming the way people share news, information and entertainment. 4G works up to five times faster than 3G so you can upload and download photos, videos and stories much more quickly than on traditional mobile networks.
To contribute, you need to login
To ensure that GuardianWitness is a safe place for everyone, every submission will be checked by our editorial team before it is made public. We reserve the right to reject any submission.
What's New in Version 1.0.3
- fixed crash bug
- minor design changes for iOS7
A great way to consume news
I love the whole premise of Guardian Witness, it reflects the changing times we live in, where we the people have the opportunity to be the news.
There appears to be a burgeoning community getting behind the idea, so I expect this app to grow and improve over time.
Scrolling the pictures of the barricades in Kyev, what people are reading or the mad weather is eye opening!
Here's the fix!
I found a fix which allows the app to work.
1. Put phone into airplane mode.
2. Open the app and select the Profile tab.
3. Turn off airplane mode.
4. Go back to app and it works as it should!
The app will continue to work as long as it's kept open in the background. If you close the app you will have to follow the steps above again to stop it crashing.
Hopefully it will be fixed properly soon.
The update was supposed to fix the crashing issue but it's still crashing for me. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but that didn't help.
- Category: News
- Updated: 12 November 2013
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 6.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Guardian News & Media Ltd
- © 2013, Guardian News & Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.