Easy to use app that helps you see the relationship between scales and chords, which ones work best together and is a great scale and chord reference.
• Display and playback scale positions and chords covering the fretboard
• Scales and chords info including which ones to use together
• Scale, chord & note playback (separate or together)
• Practice scales by playing along with adj. speed loops (full position or one octave)
• Metronome with drum and click voices to work on timing
• Easy to create and share PDF diagrams of scales (positions or full fretboard) & chords (full fretboard)
• Circle of Fifths with chart of common chords in each key
• Vertical or horizontal fretboard display
• Universal app - Purchase once and use on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
• All features are included! - no in app purchases
Scale and chords are shown in positions or all notes, covering the fretboard in any key. Notes can be displayed showing the letter name, interval and fingering. Chords and scales can be played at the same time allowing you to hear how a scale sounds played over a chord. Play scales/chords by swiping strings; direction determines low/high or high/low playback.
Practice scales using the scale playback loop. Play along with one octave or the full scale position. Playback speed is adjustable allowing you to start slow and speed up as you master each scale position.
Learn scales by playing along with five patterns that cover the fretboard for each scale. Scale positions correspond to the popular CAGED system. The CAGED system chord shape for the current position of a scale is displayed to help you learn and remember scale positions in any key.
Metronome has click and drum voices, eleven time signatures, beat subdivisions and tap to set BPM. Practicing with the metronome will improve timing and overall ability.
Create 8.5” x 11” PDF diagrams (color/b&w) of scale positions or all notes on a full fretboard; also, all chord notes on a full fretboard. Easy to print, save & share PDFs with iBooks, email, AirDrop & Messages.
Circle of Fifths diagram helps you learn key signatures, compose music and transpose songs to a different key. Common chords for each key shown in a chart.
Pentatonic etc: Major & Minor Pentatonic, Blues (Minor Blues), Major Blues
Major scale modes: Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian (Relative Minor) and Locrian
Harmonic Minor modes: Harmonic Minor, Phrygian Dominant (Spanish Gypsy)
Melodic Minor modes: Melodic Minor Ascending (Jazz Minor), Dorian b2 (Javanese), Lydian Augmented, Lydian Dominant (Overtone), Mixolydian b6 (Hindu), Locrian Sharp2 (Half-Diminished), Super Locrian (Altered)
Symmetrical scales: Chromatic, Half/Whole Diminished (Octatonic), Whole/Half Diminished, Whole Tone
Miscellaneous scales: Bebop Dominant
Major: Major, maj7, maj9, maj13, 6, add9, 6/9
Minor: m, m7, m9, m11, m13, m6, m(maj7), m7b5
Dominant: 7, 9, 11, 13, 7sus4
Altered Dominant: 7b5, 7#5, 7b9, 7#9
Other Chords: Augmented, dim, dim7, Power, sus2, sus4
Standard, Std. Half Step Down, Std. Full Step Down, Drop D, Drop C#/Db, Drop C, Drop B, Drop A#/Bb, Drop A, Drop G#/Ab, Drop G, Drop F#/Gb, Drop F, Drop E, Double Drop D, Double Drop C#/Db, Double Drop C, Open A, Open A Alt., Open A Slide, Open C, Open D, Open E, Open F, Open G, Cross-note A, Cross-note A Alt., Cross-note C, Cross-note D, Cross-note E, Cross-note G, Asus4, Csus2, Dsus2, Dsus4 (Dad-Gad), Esus2, Esus4, Gsus2, Gsus4, E Modal, Bruce Palmer Modal, All Fourths, Baritone, C6, Dad-Gad (Dsus4), Dad-Dad, Dobro, Lute, New Standard
• Great sound
• Notes are highlighted on fretboard when played
• Playback speed is independently adjustable for scales and chords
• Shows CAGED system chord shape for scale positions
• Right or Left handed guitar
• 48 alternate tunings
• iPhone - zoom in/out to see complete fretboard
• iPad shows three fretboards: full (scale or chord), scales and chords
• No ads
Bug fix and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Really nice design and works great on both phone and iPad.had me strumming like a champ in no time
Really helpful, finding new colours to play with
Great app with a lot of really useful features
I have had this app for sometime as I learned to play a left handed guitar, this app has been a help right through my learning.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.