Gusto - Code Editor and FTP Client
By Garden Bay Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Manage and edit your sites with Gusto!
(Please note that this app is not compatible with IOS7. We are working on an update, but cannot provide a release date. If you are using IOS7, please do not purchase this app at this time.)
Gusto was created to embrace the workflow of web development on the iPad. Quickly identify your project with a beautifully generated thumbnail of your website. Open your project and download multiple files and folders at a time from your FTP or SFTP server. Gusto allows you to open multiple documents in tabs for faster navigation. After editing, preview your document locally to quickly see your updates. When it's time to make your changes live, transfer your documents via the built-in FTP/SFTP client or the easy to use document publishing.
- Project-Driven Workflow
- Syntax Highlighting for all major web languages
- Themed Syntax Highlighting
- Tabbed Editor
- Line Numbering
- Hard and Soft Line Breaks
- Mono-spaced Font
- Built-in File Transfer Client supports FTP, SFTP, FTPS, and Dropbox
- Toolbar for Frequently Used Keys
- One-Button Document Publishing
- Built-in Local and Remote Site Previews
- Project State is Autosaved
NEW!! Check out Gusto Mobile for your iPhone and iPod.
What's New in Version 1.3.2
- CSS3 Tag syntax highlighting
- Date stamp of files now includes a timestamp
- Project View now has show/hide buttons for the file list (two-finger swiping also works)
- Project View now has both undo and redo buttons for text editing
- Binary files can be previewed in the Project View file list, but not accidentally opened (preventing system freeze)
- Binary files are filtered out of the Open Selected selection in the File Manager menu (again preventing system freeze)
- Minor improvements to the menu system
- Project settings dialog views will again orient to landscape mode
- Multiple minor fixes
- Crashes on IOS4.x devices - Gusto now only supports IOS 5.1 and above - update your OS!
- Connection Manager: for developers that may work with several websites on the same server, we will be managing connections separately. This way a developer may create numerous projects and select from a list of previously defined connections. It will not affect existing projects.
- Syntax highlighting for more languages
- Editor improvements
Can now edit my sites on the fly
This app is brilliant, I can download the websites to my ipad work on them without connection, preview them and then upload when I'm connected again to the Internet!
I can even start multiple projects that have their own folders.
Brilliant must have app!!!
Used to be good now it crashes a lot
This app used to be amazing but as of late, I reckon due to IOS updates. This app crashes a lot and issues like creating folders and files fail and a error pops up. Don't buy until you find out if this is fixed. As you can't create new projects from scratch and can only import instead.
Cannot be used ... Crashes before anything can be done!
I happily bought this app, but my happiness quickly turned sour. I had really hoped that this would work well. I've been trying with it and pulling my hair out. I've deleted and reinstalled numerous times hoping that there would be improvement, but it seems worse. This time when I delete it will be permanent.