By Pocket Tours Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app brings together everything a visitor may need when visiting Hadrian’s Wall Country. The most popular roman sites are included, along with countless roman remains, mile castles and everything in between; from train stations, to pubs, bars, restaurants and accommodation. The app uses all of the pioneering capability of the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to give the user the easiest and most informative experience possible.
Hadrian's Wall Country stretches sea to sea across some of the most beautiful and dramatic countryside in England. The sheer scale of the World Heritage Site combing the living landscape and the spectacular historic sites mean that Hadrian’s Wall is undoubtedly one of the most impressive tourist attractions in Britain.
- All locations of interest are marked on the map giving accurate GPS coordinates along with a map marker that shows the user precisely where they are.
- Each Roman Site gives a full description of what can be found there, a brief history, opening times and contact details. Each mile castle and other roman remains are also marked on the map showing the grand scale of what Hadrian’s Wall once was, throwing the user back in time!
- Other areas of the app boast captivating videos, audio narration, and a wide range of spectacular still images bring Hadrian’s Wall to life.
The app can easily be used on the ground as a tour of Hadrian’s Wall Country but it also serves as an educational tool and a fascinating knowledge source in its own right. The app was produced to encourage visitors to use the attractions so we have deliberately kept the detail to a minimum.
Pocket Tours hopes that your visit to Hadrian’s Wall Country is both enjoyable and fascinating. We would be very grateful if you could take the time to review the App. Any feedback is welcome.
NO INTERNET/3G CONNECTION REQUIRED - Designed for offline use so you don't need to pay for high (overseas) data charges.
EXPERIENCED GUIDE – Our guides are experts. They bring to life what took place and describe what it was like on the ground when it was happening. It is much easier to understand how things happened when you see where they took place
UP - TO - DATE – Obviously the historic tours don’t change as time passes. We are however always updating things and looking for more information to make the tours more interesting.
AUGMENTED REALITY –In the Map View, turn the phone on its side and look at the screen. If you are close enough, this will show you where all of the map markers are in relation to your current position.
1. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
2. The GPS signal is very weak in areas with overhead cover.
3. The GPS signal is often weak inside a car.
4. Take a real map to make sure you know where you are. Don’t rely on the GPS alone.
5. Download a compass to help you to orientate yourself
6. The App is designed for the iPhone but it will work on other suitable Apple devices.
Be part of the experience…
Other Pocket Tours apps are now available, including The Battles of the Somme, Arnhem and Flodden as well as Historic Scarborough and a sporting app for divers. Search for them on the app store, download them, and help us bring history to life!
Pocket Tours developments are ongoing all of the time and updates will be issued frequently. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you think of any improvements or if you want anything explaining.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
The app is now a FREE download!
- Updated attractions and utilities
- All new updated 2016 content for sites and getting around
If you love the app as much as we do please leave us some feedback
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 13 April 2016
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 238 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Pocket Tours Limited
- © Pocket Tours LTD
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.