By Nessy Learning Limited
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Learn the names and sounds of each letter with the Hairies.
AWARD WINNING APP! Education Resources Award
• Trace the letter shape onscreen with your finger.
• Play games to build letters into simple words.
• Letter sounds come to life with animated characters.
• Learn to blend sounds into words.
• Includes upper case letter names.
• Multisensory learning by UK specialist teachers.
• Letters are introduced in six colour-coded stages
Designed for 4-6 years.
Nessy apps have no advertisements or in-app purchasing.
What's New in Version 2.3
Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Needs an option to use cursive script for writing
My daughter enjoys this app but she is meant to write her letters in the cursive script. Other phonic games give parents this option to change the writing style to cursive or keep it as just printing. As it only lets her print and shows her cursive letters up as wrong, it is undoing and or confusing all the letter work she's doing at school. Such a shame and something that the app developers could easily sort out.
I downloaded this app for my four-year-old daughter a while ago. It worked well and she loved it. However, over the past few months, the sound hasn't worked. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple of times without success. It is quite frustrating and makes the app a lot less fun. Unsurprisingly, my daughter no longer asks for it. What a shame. What a waste.
Couldn't get the sound on my iPad Air 2. Turned out it was on mute! After switching the sound on everything worked fine. My 4 year old likes it a lot.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 18 December 2015
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 461 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Nessy Learning Limited
- © Nessy Learning Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.