By Juicy Bits
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Halftone 2 is now available. We're keeping the original Halftone in the store for users who prefer the single-photo simplicity of the original.
- NAMED BY POPULAR PHOTOGRAPHY MAGAZINE AS ONE OF THE BEST DEALS OF 2012
- NAMED BY APPLE AS ONE OF ITS FAVORITE PHOTO APPS OF 2011
- MORE THAN 2 MILLION USERS
- FEATURED AS AN “APP STORE ESSENTIALS” CAMERA & PHOTOGRAPHY APP
- APP OF THE WEEK AND TOP SELLER IN MANY COUNTRIES
Thank you to all of our users for supporting Halftone and for sending us your feature suggestions. You are why we do this.
Halftone turns your photos into unique, vintage comics that friends and family will love! More than a simple “photo filter” app, Halftone makes it easy to add paper styles, captions, speech balloons, graphic stamps, and fonts (including built-in comic fonts). Your final image can be sent via e-mail, uploaded directly to Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr, shared with apps like Instagram, Camera+, and Color Splash, printed, and even sent as a real, physical postcard through the mail!
- Universal app that runs on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (with full Retina support)
- Open images directly from your photo album and from Facebook
- Send real, physical postcards through the mail
- iOS face detection for automatic balloon placement
- Tight integration with Camera+ for improved image capture
- Upload images directly to Dropbox
- Save final images to the photo album, print them, or send them to friends via Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and e-mail
- Share images with apps like Instagram, Camera+, Color Splash, and many more
- Full size image editing, including: auto enhance, special effects, cropping, rotation, brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness, redeye, whiten, and blemish
- More than 25 paper styles, from crisp and clean to distressed and aged
- Multiple caption styles
- Six speech and thought balloon shapes
- More than 25 stamps (BLAM!, Arrrggh!, etc.) with customizable colors
- A customizable stamp that can use images from the photo library (including transparent PNGs)
- Nine unique layouts, including layouts without any captions or borders
- The ability to use any installed font at Small, Medium, and Large sizes
- Three licensed fonts: Digital Strip, Alter Ego, and Billy the Flying Robot
- Two of the licensed fonts include international characters (Alter Ego and Billy the Flying Robot)
- Support for a front-facing camera, flash modes, zoom, and tap-to-focus
- Settings screen for lots of additional customization, including halftone dot size, strength, and gain
- Support for full size images
What's New in Version 1.9.8
+ Upgraded Facebook, Dropbox, and Flickr support
+ Performance improvements and bug fixes
If you have a moment, we’d really appreciate it if you could rate Halftone or drop us an e-mail to let us know what you think of the app. Thanks!
This is a fun little app. Compared to Halftone 2 it's very basic, but it's a well put together app and fun to mess about with. It has quite a few features and they are simple to use and give surprisingly creative results. I'd recommend it if you enjoy jazzing up photographs.
Good App - Really enjoy using it
Always good to get an app that is stable and works as it should, I use this a lot to tart up pictures and post for Facebook and the like, excellent for adding text and captions.
Brilliant. Buy it.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 14 August 2014
- Version: 1.9.8
- Size: 26.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Juicy Bits
- © 2011 Juicy Bits Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Nostalgia Effects Pack£0.79
- Grunge Effects Pack£0.79
- Viewfinder Effects Pack£0.79
- Toy Camera Effects Pack£1.49
- Tidal Effects Pack£0.79
- Love Effects Pack£1.49