HANDi has been developed by the paediatric team at Musgrove Park Hospital to provide expert support to parents/carers and medical professionals looking after children with the most common childhood illnesses:
- Diarrhoea (gastroenteritis)
- Chesty child (wheeze and asthma)
- Chesty baby (bronchiolitis)
- High temperature
- Abdominal pain
- Common newborn problems
Parent/carer guidance includes illness specific home assessment guidelines, signposting to the appropriate local healthcare setting, and illness information. Each of the 6 most common childhood illnesses has a Home Care Plan to help parents/carers provide the best support for their child.
Assessment guidelines are provided for healthcare professionals in the community and in the hospital environment. Guidelines have been developed using a traffic light system that guides professionals to the most appropriate healthcare advice, support or referral for the individual child. These integrated guidelines should help parents/carers feel that they are getting consistent advice wherever and whenever their child is seen.
Both parents/carers and healthcare professionals are encouraged to look at each of the three pathways for each of the 6 most common conditions.
Updated survey for B&NES CCG
Ratings and Reviews
App crashing as soon as opened
Used to work, now crashes called 111.
I was advised by doctors to refer to this app to ease worry and for further information relating to my daughter who has been poorly lately. Unfortunately as the other reviews state, the app crashes as soon as you open it! Hope it gets fixed soon.
So, I had high hopes for this app. Unfortunately, after downloading my local NHS trust didn't appear on the list to choose from and then the app shut itself down. Hopefully these glitches will be fixed soon because the app is a great idea!
- Musgrove park hospital
- 6.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Copyright C 2015 Musgrove Park Hospital Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust. All rights reserved. Not to be reproduced in whole or in part without the express permission of the copyright holder.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.