Having a tough time learning how to read and write Chinese? Get Hanzi Hero - the comic strip that gives you mental superpowers.
Forget rote learning, mindless repetition and nightmare flashcards. Just sit back, get into a great story and learn as you read.
• Learn to read and write the characters as you go – the first lesson is free.
• Remember each character with our short mnemonics: each one hand-crafted by us so they’re consistent and clear.
• Listen to the words so you remember pronunciation. It’s tough to sound right in Mandarin. Listening is the only way to make it easier.
• Learn everyday phrases you can’t do without….
I can’t tell you. It’s top secret.
I’m not doing that. It’s so uncool. And so are you!
The toilets are all occupied. Help!
Yo! Big daddy!
• Check translation, compounds in our dictionary.
• Test yourself with our quiz.
It’s early days for us so we don’t have heaps of characters but give it a go – let the story do the learning for you. We’re focusing on Simplified Chinese characters (the ones they use in mainland China and Singapore).
And we’ll be working on more lessons soon. Write and tell us how you think the story will unfold...
Overhauled test function
Ratings and Reviews
Skillful, informative and entertaining - will really motivate learners
Our 11 year old son is learning Mandarin and loves this. The well illustrated comic strip builds to bring in more and more characters - sounded out and written out. The quizzes embed everything you've learned. We've bought two chapters so far and loved them. The index is particularly good with phrases you might actually want to know (I won't give away the surprises!). A quality app - text book and interactive learning tool all in one. Well worth the money.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.