Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Get rid of distraction. Let this tiny app emphasize an active window by fading out inactive ones.
* Watch Demo Video at HazeOver.com *
Heavy multi-tasking kills your concentration. All that tweets, emails, chat messages and lolcats staring back at you in the background. They strive for your attention. And you only have that much of it.
Don't let yourself drown in scores of open windows. Hiding, switching, looking for the right one, more hiding, more switching. Calm down, breathe in, breathe out, launch HazeOver and finally focus on what's you've been up to.
HazeOver automatically highlights an active window or app when you switch windows. The less important things gently fade away in the background, improving your attention.
Set the hazing intensity and speed to your liking. Be it a soft dimming, an undemanding hint of focus. Or a powerful dark background for outright dedication to your current task.
More to come. Stay tuned. Stay focused.
What's New in Version 1.3 (75)
• Greatly improved responsiveness. Please turn on "Enable access for assistive devices" option in "System Preferences", "Universal Access" tab to take advantage of this improvement.
• Graphics updated for Retina display.
• Fixed: app did not work on additional Spaces on recent versions of Lion.
I'm in a two monitors configuration and I don't know if this is the cause, but when I switch between windows the "haze" flickers, which is a bit annoying. More importantly, the main reason why I bought this app as opposed to use some free alternative is that I want to be able to highlight only one app window at a time. That is, if an app has multiple windows, I want to hide all those on which I'm not working in that moment. Hazeover does that but it doesn't always seem to work, which for me isn't great. Finally, there's no obvious way to set a keyboard shortcut.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 11 August 2012
- Version: 1.3 (75)
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: Maxim Ananov
- © 2007-2012 Maxim Ananov
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later