Watch, pause, and record Live TV with your HDHomeRun and HDHomeRun iOS app.
This app requires iOS 10.3.3 or newer.
* This app requires an HDHomeRun tuner present on your local area network
* Update to the latest release
The HDHomeRun app requires an HDHomeRun tuner to watch Live TV on your iPad, iPhone, or iPad Touch.
• Compatible HDHomeRun device:
HDHomeRun CONNECT, EXTEND, EXPAND, or PRIME
Legacy model HDHomeRuns like the DUAL will support Live TV streaming; however, DVR is not supported.
• Reliable high speed Wi-Fi network
• iOS 10.3.3 or newer
• Live TV (cable TV and over-the-air) viewing on your iPhone or iPad
• Pause/FF/RW support to live TV. DVR not required to use this feature.
• Supports HD channels
• Cable TV and OTA.
• No external player needed
• Fast Channel changes
• Intuitive UI and OSD to control closed caption, audio tracks, and zoom with a single tap
• What’s on now and what’s on next guide data
• Program images, show cards, and channel logos
• Program progress bar
• Consolidated list of channels (for user with both Cable and ATSC tuners).
• Does NOT require an always on computer
• Full 14 day guide data for DVR users / Non-DVR users get 24 hour guide data
* Guide data and images are officially licensed by Gracenote
* The HDHomeRun app does not work outside of your home network. Your iPhone or iPad must be connected to the same local network as your HDHomeRun tuner.
For questions, concerns, bug reports, and feature requests, contact us on via email email@example.com or on the HDHomeRun forums: www.silicondust.com/forum
Fix minor video corruption seen on some h264 channels.
Ratings and Reviews
EXACTLY what I was looking for - but it crashes my iPad.
I would give this app an enthusiastic 5 stars, if only it didn't completely crash my iPads. Typically, it may just crash after changing channel, but otherwise it will invariably crash after 15-20 mins playing. Once it has crashed, it will always crash on start or restart until the device has been reset. This is on 2 modern iPads (Air2 and Mini4), with plenty of storage free and running the latest IOS.
Until that's fixed I am sad to say I couldn’t rate this otherwise brilliant app at above a mere 2 stars, and as crashing has been a feature forever, I’m docking another star. Sorry.
Exactly what I was looking for
I've used HDHomerun tuners with windows in the past and was impressed with it then. Even more so now with iOS compatibility. It's fluid, great picture quality and love the new intuitive interface. Even let's me pause on my laptop and resume on my iPad. I'm looking at adding a second Connect tuner to expand the number of simultaneous viewing/recording streams for my TV hungry family!
Poor app and poor support
My home network is a little more complex than average. I have a separation between wifi and wired. I therefore expected the app's auto-discovery to fail but then it gives you no option to put in an IP address or URL or anything. Support suggested that I completely reconfigure my network and then closed the call! They wouldn't even say what traffic needed to be allowed through a firewall (I found that in a forum entry).
I found InstaTV to be much better and would recommend it to anyone with the same issues.
- SiliconDust USA Inc
- 24.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Silicondust Inc. Guide data and images officially licensed by Gracenote. HDHomeRun and the green logo are registered trademarks of Silicondust Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.