Headspace: Meditation techniques for mindfulness, stress relief & peace of mind
By Headspace meditation limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Headspace is meditation made simple. Install today to learn meditation and mindfulness in just 10 minutes a day.
If you enjoy Take10 and want to learn more, then you can choose to continue and get access to hundreds of hours of original meditations. These include guided and unguided lessons and range from 2 to 60 minutes long.
- "It's kind of genius" Emma Watson
- "Andy Puddicombe is doing for meditation what Jamie Oliver has done for food" The New York Times
- "I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for a product that has so profoundly changed my life. Having such an easy and guided way to meditate has kept me on track for several months now, and the changes are profound and too many to count." Brandon, Headspace user
WHAT YOU GET
- Free access to Take10, Level 1 of the Foundation Course - learn the basics in 10 x 10 minute meditation activities geared towards beginners
- Personalised progress page to track your stats
- Buddy system for you and your friends to motivate each other on your Headspace Journey
- Rewards for regularly using our meditation app
- Reminders to keep you on track with your practice
- Options for you to continue your journey after Take10, with inspiring packs and one-off sessions on a range of topics such as stress relief, happiness, mental health and appreciation
- Ability to download sessions for offline use
BENEFITS OF MEDITATION
- Better self awareness, perspective & focus
- Less stress & worry
- Smile more
- Love, eat, sleep & train better
- Be present and become a better listener
- Experience peace of mind & better mind-body connection
Science has proven the benefits of meditation. Research demonstrates that regular meditation can have a physical effect on the brain – actually causing areas associated with learning to grow, and the part generating stress responses to shrink.*Hölzel, B. K. et al. (2011). Mindfulness practice leads to increases in regional brain gray matter density. Neuroimaging, 191, 36-43.
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING & TERMS
Headspace offers two auto-renewing subscription options:
These prices are for United States customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
Your Headspace subscription will automatically renew at the end of each term and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings but refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
Read more about our terms and conditions here -
CONNECT WITH US
- Website - http://www.headspace.com
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeadspaceOfficial
- YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEpOF7vUymc
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/Get_Headspace
What's New in Version 2.3
- Share some free Headspace via email or your favorite social network, with our new Share Take10 features
- Various bug fixes
Just finished level 3, an excellent app, with a few problems with downloads, but which have mainly being resolved by e mail with the Headspace people.
The approach is simple and not theistic. It allows one to build focus and have some control over mental activity.
Before I started physical self imposed stress was becoming difficult to tolerate, it was an unconscious habit I had formed. Headspace allows me to begin to develop the ability to apply the brake and appraise what the mind is doing and what its effects are on the body. This allows choices.
It is not rocket science, it is a strange experience watching your mind working on its own behest. Sticking with it is well worth while for the lovely feeling of repose you get at the end of each session, which the more you practice often carries over into daily life.
This is the “real” one
There is too much pseudoscience in this area and I was naturally a bit cynical. I did some research into the founder and the app and this one seems to have some scientific basis and combines established techniques. The founder gave a TED talk apparently, which is impressive.
I tried it out and it’s good - I felt relaxed. I do have a minor gripe though: this is basically just a bunch of recorded tracks put into an app that costs £10/month via the app store. A CD could do the same and you’d only pay the £10 once. I’m not against a good product making money (and if you don’t mind a subscription then you can have some relaxation in your life for £10/month) but it would be nice to see some better use of the app environment to really justify the cost.
Really engaging meditation, which progressively leads you through meditation practices- foundation courses, very many specific ten day courses and numerous themed one-off meditations... Also some vanilla practices.
It's expensive, but certainly not more expensive than getting a teacher- a whole lot less in fact. And you know you're getting a consistent and high integrity service.
There is also a book- available on Audible too, which is not necessary to the app, but broadens your understanding.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 27 July 2015
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 35.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Headspace meditation limited
- © Headspace Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases