HeartWise Blood Pressure Tracker for iPad
By SwEng L.L.C.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
There is a reason our iPhone version is the highest-rated Medical App - with a full five stars! More than 500 ratings and reviews are clear - HeartWise is the easiest-to-use application for quickly recording and keeping track of your blood pressure, resting heart rate, and weight. HeartWise for iPad has buult-in visualization that quickly shows you trends over time, and detailed analysis and statistics show you how your blood pressure fluctuates on a daily basis.
* Featured in Apple's "What's Hot" List
* #1 Healthcare & Fitness App
Our powerful statistics and hourly averages chart are unmatched by any competing App and give you unprecedented visualization of how your blood pressure changes over the course of an average day and over time. Candlestick-chart style range lines show maximums and minimums in addition to simple averages and color coding clearly shows elevated risk levels.
- Featured in Apple's "What's Hot" List.
- Highest rated Medical App on iPhone - a full Five Stars!!!
- The #1 Medical App for iPhone (11/25/09).
To use HeartWise, simply measure your blood pressure in the normal manner and type in the results. HeartWise records and calculates statistics for:
- Systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- Mean Arterial Pressure, a key statistic that represents your average blood pressure.
- Resting heart rate (pulse).
- Weight (pounds or kilograms) and Body Mass Index (BMI)
HeartWise has a simple, streamlined interface that lets you input data in seconds, and the touch of a button gives you details about how your blood pressure - and your heath - changes over time. A centralized chart page show you trends visually.
Finally, HeartWise has a fully capable export feature that allows you to send your data as a spreadsheet directly from your phone. You can send your blood pressure, pulse, and weight history to yourself - or even your doctor - import that data easily using most common spreadsheet applications.
- An elegant data entry screen that is seamlessly intuitive.
- Separate tracking of blood pressure, resting heart rate, and weight.
- Automatic calculation of Mean Arterial Pressure (a key statistic that represents your average blood pressure), Pulse Pressure, and Body Mass Index.
- Detailed statistics reporting shows how your blood pressure and other measurements change over time.
- Support for weight measurements in Imperial (pounds) or metric units (kilograms).
- Clear, crisp charts with a quick "camera" feature to save high-resolution copies to your photo library!
- Improved export features allow you to export your data as a comma-separated-value list that can be imported into almost any spreadsheet application!
Try HeartWise today, as an important step towards managing your blood pressure. HeartWise - for a healthier heart!
WE'RE LISTENING TO YOU!
We're already at work on the next improvement! We're not a big, rich software company, but we ARE dedicated to our users and we're listening! Keep contacting us, and we'll keep responding to what you want.
* This application is an INFORMATION RECORDING TOOL ONLY and is not intended to diagnose, prevent, or recommend treatment for any disease or illness. This application is not intended for or certified for medical use. Consult your doctor for informed medical advice about your blood pressure and health.
What's New in Version 3.5.1
- Corrected intermittent problem for some users causing crash on export.
- Fixes for some rotational issues.
- Date input now controller by popovers.
- All ponts on charts are now touch-selectable and pop up record details.
- Spanish language support.
Could be so much more !
This has been my de facto app for iPhone for a number of years. It's great for what it is, but and it's a big but.....it could be so much better with two important additions.
Firstly there is an iPhone version and iPad version, but they don't speak to each other. Anything entered on one is not SYNCRONISED with the other. This goes against current thinking in every way. No one has the time to enter their data twice. Sure, you can export a file and then import it elsewhere, but this is so outdated and cumbersome that no one would do that on a daily basis. So some cloud based synchronisation please.
Following on, allowing it to feed its data to the new Apple HEALTH APP would go a long way toward resolving these issues and making it a truly modern and useful tool
I've been using this for a while now and, on the whole, was pretty impressed. There are some niggles - the keyboard covering some of the entry fields, for example - but probably still worth four stars. HOWEVER, there is one very serious flaw
If you make an error when entering your data you cannot correct it. After a lot of trial and error I discovered an edit screen that allows you to delete entries. The fact that this screen is so difficult to find loses the app one star for starters. But, and this is the killer, the delete button doesn't do anything! The incorrect entry just sits there. Plus, the edit screen seems to be somewhat confused over metric/imperial measurements.
Shame. Because the app has such potential. But I dare say a spreadsheet will be every bit as effective.
Very good, but could be better
A very good app and well worth getting.
Data input is very easy, using clear keyboard entry rather than the cumbersome spin wheels that some apps use. However, some data entry points are hidden by the keyboard, which results in extra key presses being necessary. The data export worked well, and I was easily able to transfer data to my PC.
The graphical displays are very good, but one is restricted to day, week, month and year views. It would be good to be able to choose different ranges or to scroll the time axis.
An significant restriction is that there is no way (that i can find) of displaying numerical values for individual blood pressure and heart beat measurements on the same page; and editing of them must be done individually. This is a little odd because data entry is done together.
There is a bug in which graphs are cut off in portrait mode, and one must turn to landscape and back again to correct it.
It is the best of the few BP apps I have tried and I highly recommend it. However, there is room for improvement.