Helipaddy is the must-have tool for pilots wishing to discover new heli-friendly landing sites whilst storing their own private sites and sharing them with their pilot friends.
Designed by pilots, for pilots, from the ground up.
The app is free to download and the free Helipaddy account enables pilots and their passengers to save their favourite landing spots and share them with their friends, navigate from the cockpit, and much more. It can also be used to store interesting places and waypoints, not just helipads. A free account also gives pilots access to an online members’ dashboard where they can privately record their landings, plan trips, and much more.
An optional upgrade to Premium membership gives pilots access to a fully moderated and up-to-date global database of over 10,000 places to land, refuel, eat, stay or even just to walk the dog! With landing sites in over 120 countries, Helipaddy is the world’s only trusted source of off-airfield landing sites. Premium members also have increased functionality in the apps and their online dashboard.
Helipaddy encourages considerate flying, especially noise awareness and respecting neighbouring residents and their animals.
BRIEF MOBILE APP FEATURE LIST
- 10,000+ landable, moderated sites around the world including hotels, restaurants, bars, and more
- Native versions for iPhone and iPad
- View real-time moving map while flying
- Quickly see live details on all sites, including bearing, distance and weather conditions
- View pilot comments and add your own
- Automatic landing detection and datcon readings for online Logbook
- Add unlimited private pads completely free
- See friends' live locations and privately share sites with them
- Satellite imagery and ground-level airspace to help plan landings and routes
- Send landing permission requests through the app or web portal
- All major coordinate formats supported (D/DM/DMS)
- One-tap location storing for later use
- Export any site as GPX file for use in other apps
- Fuel filters
- Multiple advanced filters to help find appropriate sites
- Easily see fuel locations that accept credit cards
- Safari mode showing a 2nm radius and 5/10 minute advanced time and direction indicators
- Events section for aviation meets, expos, etc.
- Auto-reminder when your type rating, insurance and medicals are due
- Works offline for areas of poor signal
- Much more available in the free online dashboard accessible with your same account
"Helipaddy is a great tool for helicopter pilots and I'm proud that it has been developed by two of our HQ alumni. They have put an immense amount of research and flying hours into it - we encourage any initiative that promotes the enjoyment of helicopters for private pilots." - Quentin Smith, First person to circumnavigate the globe in a helicopter, World Helicopter Champion of the Year, Advanced CAA Instructor & Examiner.
“What did we do before Helipaddy? Well we struggled, we asked friends, we consulted frequently out of date printed guides. It's a great product which just keeps getting better. Great product.” - Roy Harford, Helicopter Club of Great Britain and Helipaddy member.
“…I want to stress once again, we enjoy using Helipaddy as (an) invaluable source of so much needed information and I encourage every pilot I meet to start using the app immediately… Thank you so much.” - Evgeny Kabanov, Pilot and Helipaddy member.
“At long last we have a credible source of landing locations that have been verified and checked. It is our primary source for finding great places to eat or stay that will accept helicopters. In recent trips we have regularly used Helipaddy whilst flying to call ahead and check availability before routing direct via their link to Sky Demon. We love flying and visiting new places and Helipaddy has made this so much easier.” - Steve Hill, helicopter pilot and owner of Helipaddy-listed landing site, Witney Lakes Resort.
Fixed a bug where search box wasn't returning a full set of results,
Ratings and Reviews
Expands your horizons
I have been using Helipaddy for a few years now and love it. It is the only place to find new places to visit with friends.
A helicopter has always been the best way to explore but our selection of places to visit was limited. It's amazing how many places do accept heli landings, we just didn't know!
How about a proper time limited trial?
The idea of helipaddy I love. Being a heli pilot it is a unique tool that could be just as important to have on your flight pad as foreflight or sky demon. However it is a considerably expensive app - not if it performs as suggested but I have been disappointed by many other apps, that have cost considerably less, that makes taking a £29 punt a risk in my head.
Graphically the app looks good and it does appear to have a lot to offer but whenever I try a search I just get "requires subscription" type comments.
If only I could try the product properly for say 30 days, or even 7. Then I could see if my £30 is a good investment or not. I do like what I have seen so far however and I hope good things are planned for this heli pilot tool kit item.
Essential for Helicopter Pilots
A fantastic tool to answer the question in ever flight "where can I land". Enables pilots to make fun trips across europe, easily finding somewhere to stop for lunch, to refuel, to stay the night etc. Helpful info is provided to help you select friendly landing sites, with easy refueling etc. Points of interest are also shown so you can identify interesting landmarks. A fabulous and fun tool.
- Earlymarket LLP
- 39.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Helipaddy Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.