Herdwatch is the market-leading farm management and compliance app in Ireland and the UK for Dairy, Suckler, Beef, Sheep and Tillage/Arable farmers, with thousands of farmers saving time & money on herd management and enjoying easy compliance with quality assurance schemes, as well as national and EU regulations.
Easy to use and truly mobile, Herdwatch takes the hassle out of farm compliance and management, and lets you concentrate on your core farming business:
- Download & sync your herd with Agfood/BCMS/APHIS: no manual entry of animals
- Easy Remedies/Medicines and Feed Purchase compliance for Cattle, Sheep and other on-farm animals for Bord Bia / Red Tractor and other quality assurance schemes
- Sync your breeding data with ICBF (Ireland) and view your milk records, and up-to-date EBI / Euro-Star ratings.
- Easy sprays compliance for new EU pesticides regulations (Ireland)
- Calf Registration in seconds, anytime, anywhere
- Paperless Cattle Movements, fully approved by the Department of Agriculture / DEFRA / DAERA
- Full Breeding Cycle Management
- Fast Weight Recording and analysis of Average Daily Gain
- Herd Management & Reports
- Ireland (ROI): Automatic sending and loading of relevant events to/from ICBF to avoid double-entry (e.g. serves, scans, dry-offs, weights, BDGP)
- Use Herdwatch from multiple devices, and see the same information, at no extra cost
- Set up multiple users for your farm worker(s) with limited access
- Herdwatch even works with no internet connection: wherever you're working, it's working too!
- Automated secure cloud backup: your data is safe even if you lose or change your device
Herdwatch is proudly part of FRS Network (Farm Relief Services), serving farmers for more than 35 years.
Welcome to Herdwatch version 5.5, our best app ever.
What's new in version 5.5?
- Ireland: View your Milk Records, EBI and Euro-Star ratings right from an animal's profile, and order your replacement tags directly from the app in seconds.
- Northern Ireland: Notify and confirm on and off-farm movements in seconds
- All regions: many, many improvements and small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Worst app ever been made
I thought this will help me to control my herd, see reports, add animals, check their BOD or medication list etc... There is nothing useful in this app. And now I am getting constantly text messages from them.
I would recommend everybody to use old style like using pen and paper better then this rubbish.
Customer support shaky but got there in the end
Update: had left a review previously which was very critical - I've left it below for transparency. Having gone through the ringer regarding my registration issue, I got out the other side. The issue has been resolved and I have continued using the app. While I wasn’t satisfied with the point-of-contact customer service, my initial review was based on frustration with not having the issue acknowledged or looked into. For that reason, due to the problem now being fixed, I have updated this review. I have been very satisfied with the interface and functionality and for that reason have changed my rating.
I have been trialling this app for a month or so.
Shortly after buying an animal which had come through a mart, she showed as an unregistered calf through the app. This was a 5 year old cow that showed no issues through the department of agriculture.
I sent through a query by email and heard back from a tech support person who will remain nameless. Upon receiving the first response I figured that the conversation wouldn’t be straightforward. He completely ignored my detailed explanation of the issue and jumped to very simple “that should resolve it” steps. I didn’t mind too much as I guessed he had to cover the basics and work from the ground up. It was a little frustrating though as I’d already explained that the processes had been followed.
Cue numerous attempts to explain that I had gone through all the relevant procedures.
The individual’s responses were so generic and devoid of any attention to the detail in my messages that I actually thought it was an automated response.
Most recently he has accused me of lying and of going to the effort of creating an imaginary cow.
It all just seems like he’d do anything but admit that there is a bug in the app.
I honestly could happily ignore the issue and continue using it - but the sheer lack of customer service is worthy of a one star review. They are asking people to entrust their livelihoods to them and can’t even respond to a simple tech support request.
Bottom line is it’s just not good enough. It’s a shame because the interface is intuitive.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.