Hidden Heritage of the Dean
By Audio Trails Limited
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
FREE Download. Explore the Hidden Heritage of the Forest of Dean's rich industrial past.
The Forest of Dean, a green island nestled between two rivers; the mighty Severn and the gentle Wye. This ancient forest has had a rather traumatic past. In medieval times it was a royal hunting forest, then a source of timber for the navy's Tudor warships. By Victorian times it was a major site of industry; it's noisy landscape greatly scarred by coal and iron mining, quarrying and associated industries.
Use this App to explore the Forest of Dean's "Family cycle trail" which follows the route taken by the Severn and Wye steam Railway, including the Mineral Loop and crossing the Central Railway.
- 30 Points of interest to explore as you travel this exiting trail.
- Offline mapping based on the 1920, highly detailed, 6 inch to the mile OS map.
- GPS located position shows your exact location on the map.
- Stunning, GPS triggered, "Fade images" show a transition from historic photo to modern landscape.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Optimised for iOS11
- Minor bug fixed on map that disabled 'locator' and 'change map' functions
- Minor bug fixed that displayed blue rectangle behind map pins
Use the app's feedback feature or tweet us at @audiotrails if you find any issues, or want to provide other feedback.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 28 November 2017
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 266 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Audio Trails Limited
- © 2017 Foresters' Forest
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.