PHONICS APPS CREATED BY TEACHERS in the UK
We are very excited to bring to you: “phonics 1 CVC”. This is a fantastic word building and reading phonics app for kids. If you are looking for a phonics app to introduce your child to reading – look no further!
WHAT IS CVC?
CVC words are C-onsonant V-owel C-onsonants - these are the first words that a child learns to read such as C-A-T, H-E-N, P-I-G, D-O-G, B-U-G.
CVC words are easy for a child to decode and blend back together to read the word.
“This app is every kindergarten teachers’ dream! At last, a perfect introduction for learning to read that has been developed by early years experts. I could not recommend it more highly – let your child loose on this app!”
LEARNING TO READ
- As teachers we know that learning to read for a child can be a daunting and confusing time.
- phonics 1 CVC is specially designed to make learning to read easy and fun.
- phonics 1 CVC is learning to read with a teacher by your side!
- Every word in phonics 1 CVC is decodable.
- There are no sight or tricky words to stumble across so, your child has 60 pages of phonics fun to build up their reading confidence.
- The app has 3 sections: “WORDS” “READ” and “WATCH”.
- WORDS: 5 FUN BUILDING WORD PHONICS GAMES – to build and read 30 CVC words.
- READ: 5 INTERACTIVE and ANIMATED CVC PHONICS STORIES – to build and read a 30 decodable sentence.
- WATCH: enjoy 5 phonics stories.
- Over 120 beautifully hand-illustrated, interactive and child-friendly pages.
- WORDS: Build and read 30 CVC words.
- READ: Build and read 30 sentences.
- WATCH: 30 short animations.
- SOUND BUTTONS: on every word - a strategy used in school to decode and read words.
- LEARNING JOURNEY STARS: 60 stars to collect. The child can see their stars and track their progress in their printable learning journey.
- EDUCATIONAL: Hours and hours of educational enjoyment.
- DESIGNED BY TEACHERS: Complements school curriculums. hip hop hen apps provide the perfect foundation to reading that complements major phonics programmes and school curriculums. Including UK (Government approved) Primary National Strategy – Letters and Sounds.
- TEACHING TIPS: Printable teaching tips to observe and track early learning goals.
PRIVACY AND SAFETY:
- No in-app purchases or third party advertising so your child can play uninterrupted.
- Personal information will never be shared.
- Parent gate to keep children safe from social media.
KEY SKILLS FOR LEARNING
**phonics 1 CVC will help your child achieve many early learning goals**
- PHONIC AWARENESS: understanding that a written letter (or groups of letters) makes a sound.
- DECODING: is one of the most important foundational reading strategies. Decoding is orally segmenting the individual sounds (phomemes) in a word.
- BLENDING: is the ability to combine the individual sounds (phomemes) together smoothly to read a word.
- SOUND BUTTONS: These are the red dots that appear under each letter of the word. By pressing these buttons in order it helps the child segment the sounds in the word and blend them back together to read the word from left to right.
- LITERACY SKILLS: phonics 1 CVC helps kids develop: concentration and attention, observation, cognitive and problem solving skills, understanding, speaking and listening, language and literacy development through listening to the sounds and instructions whilst playing the app.
- FINE AND GROSS MOTOR SKILLS: Whilst playing phonics 1 CVC a child will develop moving and handling skills of age-appropriate equipment as well as co-ordination skills through: tapping, dragging and splatting in many of the games.
If you have any problems installing or using Phonics 1 CVC – please go to: http://hiphophen.com/faq
LOVE THE APP?
If your child likes our phonics app - please leave a review.
Bug fixes and updates
Ratings and Reviews
Could be excellent but...
This app continues to crash on us. The learning journey page freezes when we play the ‘dig’ game it crashes - such a shame!
Learning is fun
An excellent app. The only one I’ve found that makes phonics (and beginning to read) fun for both children and parents. It’s educationally sound, with amusing illustrations and characters, and highly entertaining. There’s plenty to do and lots of visuals and sounds as encouragement and reinforcement. This is a creative and intelligent app which will not disappoint. There are lots of free printable resources and tips for parents and teachers. A bargain at this price and a real joy to use. Do try it. You won’t regret.
This is the best app for teaching your child to learn to read. It covers all the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum goals and the children in my classroom love it! We have seen the children’s reading really take off with this app and they are now far more confident with their reading. There is also so much great support and suggestions on their website for teachers and parents. Highly recommend it!
- hip hop hen
- 707.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Sophie Carter & Daisy Harrison t/a hip hop hen 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.