This app is your one-stop shop for information on Scotland’s iconic historic attractions. Packed with essential information and beautiful imagery for Historic Scotland’s 77 staffed properties - including admission price, opening times, facilities and travel - this guide will help you research your next holiday or simply plan a day trip with the kids.
Intuitive and easy to use, the Historic Scotland app allows you to search by region or interest, with best for categories such as ‘families’, ‘gardens’, ‘picnics’ and ‘military history’ to choose from. You can also view all sites attractions on an interactive map of Scotland.
Not sure where you want to go? The app includes event information, articles and itinerary features, with new content added regularly to provide a source of inspiration. A view of Historic Scotland on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram gives you the latest ‘social buzz’ all in one place.
• Create your own Historic Itinerary to share on social channels
• What’s near me? Find attractions within a 50km radius of your current location
• Featuring over 300 historic sites throughout Scotland
• Search by region or ‘best for’ category
• Image galleries
• Interactive map view
• Pricing, opening times and facilities information
• Events search • Location and travel information
• ‘Inspire Me’ – find ideas on where to visit with the latest features and itineraries
Did you know that Melrose Abbey was so beloved by Robert the Bruce that he chose it as the final resting place for his heart?
In this release we have added an "Opening Times" tab to all attractions for an improved user experience.
Ratings and Reviews
The one big thing this app lacks is a members area and the possibility to store your membership card in the Apple wallet. If it had that it would be a great app. As it is you still have to stuff your physical wallet with another card just in case you visit an HES site on spec.
Please, please make it available in auto rotate mode.
Won’t rotate out of portrait, all text is displayed in a huge font. All feels rather clumsy
Many thanks for your feedback and we would like know more about your issue. We would be very grateful if you could contact us directly using the App Support button at the top of the review section. Thank you.
- Ping Online Communications Limited
- 123.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Historic Environment Scotland 2018
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.