History Today is the world's leading serious history magazine. For over 60 years we have published the finest writing from leading historians, covering all periods, regions and themes. Richly illustrated and fabulously entertaining, though serious enough to satisfy academics and students, History Today gives the long perspective on today's events.
You can purchase single issues or subscribe within the app to receive every issue of the magazine. Subscriptions include access to the current issue and any back issues.
The monthly issues cost £4.99
Available subscriptions are:
1 month: £3.99 (latest issue + access to back issues for one month)
12 months: £34.99 (latest issue + access to back issues for 12 months)
- The current subscription will renew automatically unless cancelled more than 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, for the same duration at the current subscription rate for the product.
- You may turn off the auto-renewal of subscriptions through your Account Settings, however, no cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
- Improved downloading
- Bug fixes
- Design changes
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent - a history fix whenever you want it
Lovers of history should download and subscribe ASAP. The new format is excellent; the articles more scholarly than those in other popular history magazines - while remaining approachable and interesting; and the expanded content (including weekly mini-magazines to go alongside the monthly main issue) means there's always something fascinating to read.
Each issue has a good mixture of writing and even if I don't read everything there's usually something interesting. App works well on my phone.
- History Today Ltd
- 26.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017 History Today Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- History Today Auto Renewable Subscription £3.99
- History Today Auto Renewable Subscription £34.99
- Special: The Crusades £5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.