Home and Dry
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
THE ACCLAIMED NUMBER #1 WEATHER APP FOR THE UK!
HOME & DRY IS GREAT FOR AVOIDING RAIN BY SEEING EXACTLY WHERE IT IS FALLING AND WHERE IT IS GOING NEXT.
THE APP IS ALSO GREAT FOR TRACKING STORMS.
Please note: Coverage of the Radar is for the UK and Ireland. Coverage of the Forecast products in the App are for UK and Europe.
When will it rain? When will it stop raining? Home and Dry provides the answer, immediately. The very latest rainfall radar information specific to your exact location - no need to search for your village, town or city, the app automatically locates you.
5 minute, 1km rain radar. The highest quality radar available in any app or on the internet! This is the quickest radar app available!
· The very latest rain radar information animated at 5 minute intervals for the previous 2 hours overlaid on a full pan and zoomable map
· Forecast rain radar for the next 2 hours ahead
· Location specific - the app automatically recognises your location and can present localised weather information for you
· Location markers for points of interest including: football, rugby and cricket clubs, motor racing circuits, horse racing venues and championship tennis clubs.
· Easily share any of the content via email, Twitter, Facebook, iMessage and even save to your Camera Roll.
· UK and European animated forecast maps for the next 7 days (Rainfall, Temperature, Weather Symbols, Cloud Cover, Wind, and the Jet Stream)
· Use the Maximum Wind Gust map for storm tracking.
· Universal App available for iPhone4 and above, iPad2 and above, iPad Mini, iPod Touch fourth generation and above.
· The radar shows exactly where and how hard it is raining across the UK
· Use the observed radar and the forecast radar to understand exactly where the rain is, and where it is going relative to where you are. You should be able to see at what time it is either going to rain, or when it is going to stop raining
· Check the radar before you need to go out so you can either adjust your timings to avoid getting soaked, or use the radar to be prepared and take an umbrella or coat with you
· You can use Home and Dry for every trip outdoors, be it the school run, the commute to work, a walk in the park, watching football, going for a cycle, mowing the lawn, simply anything
Sometimes you can avoid the rain, sometimes you can’t. But at least with Home and Dry you can know when it is going to rain and plan accordingly.
Warning - using the radar is highly addictive. Enjoy!
What's New in Version 1.5
What’s New in Version 1.5
We have squashed a couple of annoying small bugs!
What’s New in Previous Version 1.4
We have taken on-board your feedback and enhanced the functionality. Loading data is now much quicker, which enables you to view content whilst data is loading in the background. This is particularly helpful when out and about whilst using 3G/4G. We have also fixed a couple of bugs.
Thank you very much for buying and continuing to use Home and Dry. Enjoy!
Love the radar and jet stream maps
Wow this weather app just gets better and better. Easily the best radar app out there in the UK. The download speed is much improved on this version too as it lets you play with the images as they arrive rather than waiting for all to download so a much better experience when on a slower 3G connection, although wifi best. The model maps allow you to do your own forecasting, much more intelligent than a city forecast with a bunch of symbols against it. It also shows the latest temperatures around the uk so really useful when travelling. I have to say, I use this app more than any other, keep up the good work MetDesk.
Phenomenal app! Amazingly Accurate!
Well, there are just these type of apps out there that you can't believe exist because they are SO useful, you don't know how you got by without them in the past!
This and the accompanying Snow Radar apps are amazingly interlinked. The information is SO accurate, rain and snow on and off, I'm amazing my family and colleagues with the apps!
Only addition I'd like to see is iOS8 Widgets for Rain & Snow Radar images, hopefully customisable Widgets!?
Ideal for walking the dog between showers
This excellent app gives you up to date forecasts of rain over the next few hours. I use it all the time when planning walking the dog. Saying that with Scottish weather you used to never know, now you really do. Brilliant, and not got my hair or the dog wet yet. Accuracy has been spot on so far. I also enjoy knowing how heavy the rain is going to be, if you see red or purple you know to get inside.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 09 July 2014
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 12.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: MetDesk Limited
- © MetDesk Limited 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.