A Mac App Store Editor’s Choice, Home Inventory has been helping people organize and store information about their home and its contents for over 11 years.
Called "Quick and easy to use" by the New York Times, Home Inventory is the ultimate tool for cataloging information about your home & belongings for insurance, home management, and estate planning purposes.
Home Inventory helps you organize the receipts, warranty information, product manuals, maintenance schedules, repair and improvement notes, and other important information about your home and its contents. With Home Inventory, all of this information is in one place, and easy to find.
Many do not realize they are underinsured until disaster strikes and they need to file a claim. Home Inventory can deal with the complex coverage rules and limits found in most insurance policies and its coverage analysis tools let you know exactly where you are under and over-insured.
Best of all, Home Inventory is completely private. Your inventory is stored on your Mac not on some company’s server, where it could be hacked or sold to other parties. And should something happen to your Mac, Home Inventory’s robust backup features can backup your data to your iPhone or iPad and elsewhere. You can also back it up in a cloud synced folder on your Mac such as Dropbox or iCloud Drive. You are always in control of how and where your inventory information is kept.
STAY ORGANIZED – ELIMINATE CLUTTER
• Store user manuals, home inspection reports, lot surveys, covenants, and other documents related to your home and its contents.
• Keep receipts for items, repairs, maintenance, renovations, and more.
• Keep track of item warranty information.
• Dated notes let you to keep track of repairs, improvements, and other information about your items and home.
BE READY IN CASE OF DISASTER OR THEFT
• Store details about your items such as make, model, serial numbers, purchase price and date, value, warranty information and much more.
• Store multiple photos of your items and home.
• The details, receipts and photos in Home Inventory can help establish proof of ownership and replacement value in case you need to file a claim and can ensure a fair settlement.
• Coverage analysis lets you know if you are adequately insured.
• Robust reports can be shared with your insurance agent.
• Stay on top of home maintenance tasks by building a schedule that integrates with Calendar and Reminders.
• Keep track of important information about your home, such as the year it was built, square footage, purchase price, and your property assessment history.
• Assign an heir to each item in your inventory.
• An Heir report can be added as an addendum to your will.
FAST AND EASY DATA ENTRY
• Add items to your inventory while away from your computer with our free helper app, Home Inventory Remote Entry, for the iPhone and iPad.
• Add items to your inventory by scanning UPC/EAN barcodes from Home Inventory Remote Entry on your iPhone or iPad.
• Use Home Inventory's Inbox to store receipts for items that you wish to add to your inventory later.
• Add receipts to the Home Inventory's Inbox, directly from your email or browser, without having to open Home Inventory.
HOME INVENTORY ON IOS
• Backup and view your inventory on your iPhone or iPad with our free Home Inventory Mobile Backup app.
• Quickly enter item information away from your computer on your iPhone or iPad with our free Home Inventory Remote Entry app.
OTHER KEY FEATURES
• Use your scanner to add photos and receipts
• Customizable fields and field layouts
• Built-in currency conversion
• Robust and flexible reporting options
• Password protection
• Import and export CSV data
• Warranty expiration alerts
• Keep multiple inventories
• Supports Tabs in Sierra
If you have any problems or suggestions, please visit our support page at https://binaryformations.com/support
• Mojave support.
• Fixes a bug that can result in random crashes on some systems.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s OK but..
We are now on version three of this app and it still has numerous things I call "Stuff in need of solving” Sins for short. There are too many little frustrations to enumerate but the really irritating thing is that they ought to be very easy to fix. If they are design decisions - then the developer needs to actually use his app or watch a few other folk struggling with it. On version 2 I deserted the app and and made my own in FileMaker. Mine still works but Home Inventory does have some nice features which my app doesn’t and frankly, I couldn’t really be bothered to update it, so I tried this updated professional app - diappointingly, it stll fails to make the grade in several ways - nothing major that I have found but numerous things that detract from a smooth, pleasant experience.
If you are prepared to put up with the things that bug you - it works and won’t let you down in a big way.
Great App, gets better with every update
Ive been using this app for years, after trying and failing, to create my own using spreadsheets and Bento (yes, I was the one that bought it!) I find that this app does exactly what I want in a very friendly and easy to use manner. They have superb support that I have used a couple of times. The complimentary IOS apps are also excellent for backing up and remote entry. The only thing I would like to see eventually would be using iCloud for backing up and syncing. But this is one of my go to apps that I really enjoy using, so a big thanks to the developers.
Does all I need very well!
This app is so logical and simple to use that I am sure it has made my job 100 times easier. It does just about everything I need.
The item lookup tools are very useful especially when trying to find current values for items.
Sure, there are a few minor niggles but what app doesn’t have those?
The folks at Binary Formations always listen to you when you make suggestions for improvements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.