Now available in mobile [iPhone/iPad] and desktop versions [Mac OS, Windows], including instant data sync between mobile/desktop versions. (Separate purchase required for each OS platform).
A lite version of HomeBudget is available under the free applications category. Give it a try.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need help. We have no way of contacting you if you post an issue as a review.
HomeBudget is an integrated expense tracker designed to help you track your expenses, income, bills-due and account balances. It offers support for budgeting, and allows analysis of your expenses and income, including charts and graphs. Two key differentiating features of HomeBudget are:
1. Integrated set of features. The features within HomeBudget are well integrated such that a bill can become an expense (when you pay for it) and also adjust the account balance at the same time.
2. Family sync. HomeBudget includes Family Sync, an advanced feature that allows a group of devices within the household to exchange expense and income information, and work together within a single budget. Once setup, the devices sync with each other automatically over the air. Family Sync works across all features including Bills and Accounts. Please refer to the Family Sync Quick Start guide at http://www.anishu.com for information on configuring Family Sync.
- Create/Edit/Delete expenses and recurring expenses
- Browse expense entries by month, by category/date with the ability to drill-down
- Optionally associate an account and payee with an expense
- Attach photo images of receipts; drag and resize images on screen
- Support for multiple currencies and automatic exchange rate conversion
- Search expense entries
- Create/Edit/Delete income and recurring income
- Optionally associate an account with the income
- Create/Edit/Delete bills and recurring bills
- Support for Payees, and track payments by Payee.
- Make payment on bills either an as expense or as a transfer (to avoid double accounting your expenses)
- Calendar and list view of Bills
- Bill reminders
Categories and Budget
- Create/Edit/Delete expense categories and sub-categories
- Set a budget, and track expenses at the category/sub-category level.
- Associate icons with the categories and reorder category display order
- Budget rollover
- Classify expenses into fixed, variable and discretionary and compute your disposable income
- Support for Accounts such as Checking, Savings, Credit, Debit, Cash, etc.
- Associate your expense and income entries with your accounts and accurately track account balances.
- View transactions, and do transfer between accounts.
- Ability to choose a different base currency for each account
- Trend chart for Expense, Budget and Income for the last 6 months
- Pie/Bar charts for expense break-down (Available in the Expenses screen).
- Export data/reports by email or via WiFi
- Automatically sync multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, iTouch) in the household and see the same numbers on all devices over 3G and WiFi
- Work within the same budget with other members of the household
- Backup/Restore complete application data, including all receipts
- Ability to upload your own list of category icons
- Large numeric keypad for expense/income amount entry
- HomeBudget follows the locale/region setting on your device and shows date and currency symbols appropriate for your region
Visit http://www.anishu.com to see more screenshots, and to download the user guide (PDF, 42 pages).
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but some functionality missing
I like this app. The budget feature is very handy and replaces my need for a spreadsheet. Expense and income tracking easy to use. A couple of missing functions, that I find important, are missing, preventing HomeBudget from getting five stars:
- No way (that I can find) to track spending on a credit card without creating a budget for it and therefore adding to the total budget available. There needs to be a way to add expenses on a credit card account without adding/subtracting from the available budget
- No way (that I can find) to track interest rates on a loan or savings (negative or positive) without creating an expense or income.
- No way (that I can find) to move an amount from one budget to another.
Add these functions (or explain how to do them in the manual) and it’s definitely a five star app.
Complex enough to be useful. Simple enough to be useable
I have been trying various home finance apps but this is just the job. It has enough functionality to make it really useful including sync with other devices and a PC version. Yet it is simple enough to use and not so complicated I would not keep it up to date. I have found the sync is a bit erratic over 3g but we just tie things up at home over the wirleless each day.
I have now been using this app for 5 years. Still great and still useful.
Really great app, having been using it for early 2013, has allowed me to track and save money without feeling that I'm scrimping & saving.
Has turned my bank account around completely.
Would really like to be able to view unreconciled transactions over time, as it's very easy to unreconciled a reconciled transaction when reviewing historic spending though the Accounts reconciliation screen. Very difficult to find if you don't spot it at the time.
Please add a ‘show all unreconciled transactions’ function, this should not be time bound, it just needs to show *all* unreconciled transactions whatever the transaction date. This will identify any transactions with an incorrect date which can make the transaction almost disappear completely from view and therefore be incredibly difficult to find. Thanks.
- Anishu, Inc.
- 26.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Anishu, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.