Homer is the most reliable and effective app for teaching your child to read
The Best Reading App for Kids - shown to increase early reading scores by 74%
Try Homer FREE for 30 days!
Cultivate a love of reading in your child today!
- 1,000+ phonics lessons in our groundbreaking step-by-step Homer method for kids age 2-8
- Over 200+ stories in our award-winning library of eBooks
- 200+ Science and History lessons to build advanced knowledge
- Art and Music activities to foster creativity
- Easy-to-use, nurturing, supportive and fun
- 150+ Printable Worksheets, Learning Games and Activities for when screen time is over
- 60 First Readers - your child’s first books they can read on their own!
- Capture magic memories as Homer record’s their first books read for you!
“One of the most comprehensive apps for teaching reading.”
- New York Times
Shown to increase early reading scores by 74%
- The #1 Learn-to-Read Program for kids
- Just 15 minutes a day was shown to increase early reading scores by 74% in a recent study
- 2015 Winner of the Teacher’s Choice Gold Award
- Based on research by Harvard & Stanford professors
""In just six weeks, with no intervention from teachers, students who used Learn with Homer for 15 minutes per day improved the key skills most highly correlated with future reading success. That’s a big deal.”
- Dr. Susan B. Neuman, Former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Education, Professor of Early Childhood & Literacy Education, NYU
Try Homer for FREE for 30 days! If you don’t love it, cancel anytime. Up to four kids can learn on the same account at no extra cost. Cultivate a love of reading in your child with the #1 Learn-to-Read Program for kids, with lessons and games shown to increase early reading scores by 74% in a recent study.
“I'm very impressed with this app, it's well thought out and is one of those rare iPad apps that are both highly educational and really fun… This program is the best value for my family.”
- Leon A., Dad
Throughout 2016, Homer is free to qualified and verified teachers and librarians to support instruction with progress tracking for up to 32 individual students. A recent study showed using Homer 15 minutes a day over a 6 week period nearly doubled scores on the Test of Preschool Early Literacy, making it perfect for whole and small-group instruction, resource rooms and libraries as the most reliable and effective app for teaching a child to read.
“I have LOVED having this wonderful resource right at my fingertips! … The content is rich and correlates with what the students are learning. I have had several teachers ask me about how they can use it in their classrooms! Everyone is so impressed, including the kids!”
- Amanda H., Elementary School Teacher
- The user receives 30-days free upon beginning membership
- Membership options include monthly (7.99/month) or yearly (79.99/month - 16% discount)
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Like all other Apple subscription apps, Homer cannot use family sharing to share subscriptions across family members
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- The user may manage subscriptions & turn off auto-renewal by going to Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Contact email@example.com for help
HOMER just got better! We've crushed some bugs to make learning faster, easier, and more fun.
Ratings and Reviews
Develop reading skills through stories, songs and other activities.
Waste of time.. most functions don’t work.
We're so sorry for any issues you are experiencing when trying to access your HOMER membership. We would love the chance to assist you. If you could, please email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the email address your HOMER membership is under. Thank you for your patience and efforts. We look forward to hearing from you.
Dynamic, engaging, by proper educators
I will probably be short of praise in my review of the app. It was recommended to me by an English teacher friend of mine and we used it from Year 1 to year 3 (British curriculum) for our dyslexic child to help him learn how to read. The real success of the app (speaking as a parent) it that it is very engaging and they change all the time so there is always somewhere new to explore. I thoght at the begining that the american accent would be a downer but it was exactly the opposite, my son really enjoyed producing the accent himself and getting involved in the recording your own voice feature that is brilliant. I also had to deal with customer services and my experience was very good. I spoke to real people with real understanding not robots. I can add that it it was worth my money.
- HomerLearning, Inc.
- 228.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2018 HomerLearning, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Homer Learn to Read Membership £5.99
- Homer Unlimited Access £59.99
- Homer Unlimited Access £15.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.