Built by the team that brought you How It Works magazine, the How It Works: Great Days Out app is dedicated to helping you discover amazing, thought-provoking and educational places to visit with your family in the United Kingdom.
At How It Works, we want to inspire a sense of wonder about the world around us, and this new app will help you discover new places to go and sights to see.
Browse the UK map and find thousands of family days out, including museums, art galleries, national parks, National Trust sites, English Heritage sites, railways, gardens, cathedrals, zoos and more.
• Thousands of great family days out in the UK
• Browse the map to easily find places of interest
• View helpful visitor information such as opening time, entry price, address, facilities, services, contact details and what's on
• Get directions and find your way quickly and easily
• Save venues to your list of favourites
• Share and plan days out with your friends
• Optimised for iOS 7 and iOS 8
• Optimised for iPhone 5s and 5c, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+
Great Days Out features live listings information from thousands of museums, galleries and heritage sites supplied by Culture24, a Brighton-based, non-profit, digital cultural publishing organisation, supported by Arts Council England.
We hope you enjoy your days out and share them with us – we’d love to hear what you think and to see your photos.
This app requires an internet connection to access all major features.
- Please download this update which includes important bug fixes and performance improvements.
- We hope you enjoy your days out!
Ratings and Reviews
High hopes dashed
Had high hopes for this app which I saw featured in a local newspaper. Downloaded installed crashed repeatedly. Then, when I did get it to work, it gave me 4 results for my town; three of which were primary schools and one was a church. Hardly great days out! In addition to this, they were ALL in the wrong places on the map and miles away from where they should have been.
Great idea. Very bad execution. Back to the drawing board. Deleted.
Treasure trove of useful info
This has told me about several great, small places I had never heard of. Thank you.
No iPad native version. Incomplete details for lots of venues. Listed lots of venues you wouldn't class as a "great day out" such as a local university, a pub and a derelict bank.
I wouldn't bother downloading this.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.