By Celestial Teapot Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
A Mac OS X developer tool for debugging HTTP services by graphically creating and inspecting complex HTTP messages.
* HTTP methods: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, TRACE, OPTIONS, HEAD, CONNECT
* HTTP Basic Authentication (with Keychain integration)
* Custom HTTP request headers with prepopulated names and values (date format strings and most popular User-Agent strings)
* Supports sending request bodies with POST or PUT
* Follow or ignore redirects
* Optional syntax highlighting (changeable in Preferences)
* Optional text wrap (changeable in Preferences)
* Each HTTP Client window is a document that can be saved as a .httpclient file and reopened later
What's New in Version 1.0.3
Improved stability on Mac OS X Lion.
Nod bad, a few suggestions for improvements
This is a very useful app if you need to test against API's etc, for that I find it nice to have a dedicated app. It gets the job done, but there are a few things I don't like, mostly interface/UI related. The headers and body areas seem to be fixed in size, would like this to be adjustable as sometimes I have a lot of headers and scrolling through a 3 high area is a pain. The way the URL history is handled seems back to front to me, I have to scroll **down** to get to the latest history, the other way around would be faster and more intuitive. The request/response area is white on black, I think it needs a few theme options there or at least a black on white version (with syntax highlighting) otherwise I tend to get it mixed up with the terminal when it is underneath other windows etc (for now I just disable the syntax highlighting with inverses it). The method drop-down is not pre-populated, need to manually enter POST for example which just wastes a few extra seconds of time in a workflow, please add the usuals in there. Would love to see tabs, multiple windows is a bit cumbersome if you have more than 2 on the go. Would like to be able to duplicate the current settings within the app instead of having to create copies of the file (a Duplicate command on the file menu). Thanks for creating the app and hope these suggestions can be considered.
Overall a good tool, but there is a bug with POST method
When trying to send a POST with an arbitrary, erroneous "Content-Length" that is more or less than the body, the software shows a request "as we formulated it" but the actual HTTP Post that gets sent has the right "Content-Length".
Works fine on Mountain Lion
Downloaded this February 2013 and it's working great on Mountain Lion.
Great little tool for querying APIs and web services easily.
- Category: Developer Tools
- Updated: 24 August 2011
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Todd Ditchendorf
- © 2011 Celestial Teapot Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later