Hueless. The Black & White Camera for iPhone.
Hueless helps you to take better black & white photographs with pioneering Live B&W Preview, Exposure & Contrast Adjustments and Color Filters. The image you see in the viewfinder is the image you see in the Photo Roll. Full-resolution, no post-processing required.
**Please note that Hueless does not post-process images from your camera roll. Hueless is a camera.**
▧ "This is certainly the app that Ansel Adams would have on his home screen. When I’m in the mood to shoot pure black and white this is my go to app." - Richard Koci Hernandez ▨
The perfect companion for the iPhone photographer, Hueless is the experience of loading a roll of black & white film into iPhone and capturing the beauty of light & shadow.
▧ "It really is absolutely, positively one of my favorite apps for the iPhone... If you don't have it, shame on you!" - John Gruber / Daring Fireball, The Talk Show ▨
Hueless is focused on features designed to give you creative control in your photography.
- JPEG or Lossless TIFF photo saving options
- Custom Presets: Save your favorite image adjustments and interface settings to a bank of 4 presets and jump back-&-forth between the last 2 presets used with a tap
- Control Focus & Exposure together (single-tap) or separately (two-finger tap) with auto & lock modes.
- Share your Preset Image Adjustment Formulas with other Hueless photographers via email, Twitter & Facebook
- Geotag your photos - Turn geotagging ON and OFF in the iOS Settings Hueless pane
- HIGH ISO mode for expanded low-light performance (on supported hardware)
- "Quick Review" your last shot with a touch-&-hold on the Review Button
- Live Exposure Control Slider
- Live Contrast Adjustment Slider with Contrast (black/white) Balance
- Variable Live color Filters in Red, Orange, Yellow, Green and Blue
- Variable aspect shooting: 4:3 (full frame), 5:4, 3:2, 1:1 & 2.39:1 (cinema) aspects any time, with a pinch of the live preview
- Rule of Thirds, Architectural and 1:1 dynamic alignment grids.
- Regular, Expanded, Rest & Release and Volume + Hardware shutter release options
- Extended Flash support with "LAMP" mode
- Standard EXIF with custom Artist Credit entry
- Export your photos to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and email
- Launch Center Pro support with actions to launch with presets
The on-screen interface is happy to get out of your way, with a tap on the Hueless "H" button you can hide/show the on-screen camera interface for undistracted shooting.
Hueless is the b&w camera for iPhone that brings the "What You See is What You Get" to black & white mobile Photography.
▧ We love to see what you are shooting with Hueless!
Follow @Hueless on Twitter and Instagram to see great b&w photos from around the world and share your photos with #Hueless for recognition and retweets.▨
If you enjoy shooting with Hueless please consider leaving a review, it really helps people discover our camera.
WHAT'S NEW IN 2.6
ALL NEW FOCUSING ENGINE
Set and control Focus & Exposure together or separately with AUTO & LOCK modes.
- SINGLE TAP to set AUTO Focus/Exposure at a single point
- Touch and hold to LOCK Focus/Exposure at a single point
- TWO-FINGER TAP to split Focus & Exposure
- Drag to select Focus or Exposure point
- Tap Focus or Exposure to toggle AUTO and LOCK modes
- Double tap to reset AUTO Focus/Exposure at center of image
5:4 ASPECT RATIO
We have added 5:4 to our stable of aspect ratios. Now you can choose from 4:3, 5:4, 3:2, 1:1 or 2.39:1
FIXES & ENHANCEMENTS IN 2.6
- Improved preview speed on some devices
- Improved aspect masking
- Updated mode messages
▧ Keep the feedback & photos coming and, most of all, enjoy shooting! ▧
Ratings and Reviews
Great App for Mono
Fantastic app, the ability to see black and white as a live view makes for better compositions. The traditional filters work well. This is a camera not an image editor but none the worse for that. It would be great to see some more control as we now have with ios 8. The Tiff saving format is what attracted me to Hueless.
Nice UI, responsive controls and highly configurable. Bear in mind that this is a camera app, not an image editing app.
The only issue I have with Hueless is the autofocus which unfortunately, is awful.
After comparing a few B/W camera app results, GUI and image size on the iPhone 6s plus, I thought this app was best.
- Orbital Guidance Industries, Limited
- 10.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2012 curious satellite
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.