** NOTE - Optimised for iPhone 6 and above **
Hyperburner is a high-speed space flier set in a distant colonial solar system. Take your ship through increasingly dangerous courses, unlocking endless-mode leaderboards as you go. Built for mobile with smooth and responsive free-steering, playable in portrait or landscape.
Pocketgamer Gold Award:
"From the amazing aesthetic to the perfect controls, everything about the game hums with the sort of quality that makes every second you spend with the game a joy"
- Fast-paced gameplay, instant respawns.
- Master six unique zones each with five challenging stages.
- Test your skills against a list of high-speed endless-mode goals.
- Unlock better ships as you progress.
"It really nails the feeling of being in control of an escaping spaceship in a sci-fi movie" - Touch Arcaade
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
Ratings and Reviews
There sure is a lot of debris in space. So if you want to survive as an intergalactic pilot, you’ll need to think fast. Thankfully, dodging and weaving through Hyperburner’s gorgeous levels is pure exhilaration. We love how beating stages “rewards” us with faster ships—it means the better we get, the harder the game gets.
One of the best buys of my life.
This game looks good anyway from all of the information on the App Store page but it still doesn't do the game justice. Every level is a perfect increase in difficulty from the last making for a challenging but not too difficult experience. The controls are some of the best I have experienced for a game like this and the fact that when you release your finger from the screen the game will pause is a small but useful feature as it allows you to play at any point when you have a spare moment. This game is the ultimate game if you have a few minutes to spare (although I could play it for hours. The game is well worth the money and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a high quality but quick experience.
Near perfect, 97%
I never write reviews but this game deserves special consideration. The Super Hexagon-esque gameplay will keep you playing long after you decided you didn't know why you were hooked. The visuals are lovely, and it's incredibly satisfying to glide through a particularly tight spot (Gigady).
Three improvements could be made to the game to make it completely flawless.
1) Engine noises- the music is great but for the true feeling of piloting a hyperspeed craft I feel some 'woosh' noises wouldn't be out of place as you fly past jagged pieces of steel at breakneck speed. Heck, you could take it even further and have the pilot panting as he gets more and more stressed.
2) Race mode/Time trial. You should definitely be able to race other players, although that would require changing speed and I'm not so sure that would be very easy. Alternatively, you could start playing with a few people on a course and it would be an endurance match as players started to get knocked out.
3) Extra points for tight holes. Just an idea but I noticed that there are a bunch of different ways you can tackle a particular route: maybe some of the hoops and smaller tunnels could give you an extra points boost.
- Bad Potion PTY LTD
- 95.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 Patrick Cook
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.