Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iAntivirus by Norton is a simple yet powerful on-demand malware and virus scanner. It helps ensure you are protected from the latest malware threats with one simple download. The free iAntivirus protects your iPhoto® pictures, iTunes® music and all of your Apple Stuff you can’t live without. iAntivirus also scans your Facebook wall for malicious links to keep you protected from online fraud, like phishing.
Key features of iAntivirus:
• Award-winning technology blocks internet security threats before they damage your Mac, iPhoto® pictures, iTunes® media and other important Stuff.
• Innovative “carousel” interface lets you use two fingers to swipe between your home folder and full system and other scanning options.
• Remediates/repairs infected files.
• Lets you quickly and easily scan files by simply dragging and dropping them onto iAntivirus.
• Built for speed from the ground up, so it won’t get in the way of your Mac experience.
• Works seamlessly against Windows® threats too, to make sure the documents you share are safe for everyone.
• Updates available regularly online through the App Store to help detect the latest breaking security threats.
Online threats targeting Macs® are on the rise and iAntivirus is your first line of defense. It delivers essential protection to keep your Mac and your Stuff safe from the latest viruses.
What's New in Version 1.1.4
Updated virus and malware definitions
Minor Code Enhancements
Everyone seems to say 'don't worry about viuses and malware as you have a Mac'. I downloaded this great little app onto my iMac and it found a malware file and deleted it straight away. Unless I'm missing something, it seems to me that us Mac users need to now start scanning regularly. This app works well in the background while you do other things. Its easy and uncomplicated to use. I can understand if experts say that a little app like this can't provide total coverage of all risks - but I can say that it helpfully worked for me and I'm delighted. Of course we all need to be guarded against opening ourselves up to risks e.g. email links. I thought that I did this, but one got through.
Needs more regular updates
The interface is great and well designed. Overall I like the app except that it doesn’t appear to have been updated since March 2013 and there isn’t a tab to update with the latest virus/worm/trojan/malware definitions, which kind of makes an app like this useless. I’d be willing to pay a small fee if it was updated regularly. I did a full system scan recently and it found 1 threat, then I did a full system scan with a rival antivirus app (also available here on the app store) and it found 28 threats (mostly trojans). As a result of this I’ve removed Nortons app from my macbook and replaced it with the other security program.
nb. I’m not mentioning the name of the other program as I’m not sure if saying one app is better than another is permitted on the review forum here.
better safe than sorry
download this a long time ago and so far have never found any virus on mac but will keep using it for the time it might stop something ie better to play safe than to be sorry. but it is power hungry it uses 500 mb memory running in the background. its a good job this mac has 4000 mb available