iBird Pro: UK & Ireland Guide to Birds
By Mitch Waite Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iBird United Kingdom and Ireland Pro, the world’s most popular identification app to birds of the UK, is now available as Version 10, our biggest update in 12 months. iBird UK Pro now offers two powerful features found only in our high-end iBird Ultimate: Birds Around Me (BAM) and Percevia™ smart search. Smart search lets you identify birds just like the experts while BAM only shows species that are found in your GPS area.
Compare iBird versions: bit.ly/about-ibird
Whether you are an experienced birder or a beginner at birding, iBird UK Pro has 343 species of both native and rare United Kingdom and Ireland birds, contains more birds than any UK app, including 343 common and rare species designated by the British Trust for Ornithology (BTO).
With the iBird UK Pro’s avian matching system you can search for birds by color, location, shape, habitat or any one of our 35 identification field marks to find your bird. iBird's comprehensive species pages have 1,200 built-in bird songs, 1,500 professional high resolution bird photographs, 900 hand drawn composite illustrations and over 350 range maps.
Version 10 of iBird UK Pro Guide to Birds now includes iCloud for backing up and sharing your own photos, notes and favorites among all your devices.
** NOTE If you would like to try out iBird check the newly released iBird UK LITE Free Guide to Birds of North America. It has all the features of paid iBird UK Pro, but contains just 50 species. And it’s completely FREE. **
Whether you are an experienced birder or a beginner, iBird UK is the most authoritative guide to UK Birds you’ll need.
iBird UK Pro Version 10 now contains these exciting features:
● 34 new species round out iBird UK rich content.
● Birds Around Me and Percevia smart search now available as in-app purchases.
● iBird now takes advantage of the high-resolution retina displays of the iPhone and iPad so the screen shows more information than ever.
● Contains the latest 2016/17 BTO checklist.
● View all birds by head which makes identification easier.
● Back up and sync favorites and notes with iCloud and share with all your devices and your friends.
● Fun new birder’s “stickers” to spruce up your text in Messages.
iBird UK contains these time-tested features:
● The ‘Birds Around Me’ narrows the search list to just those birds centred on your GPS location, within a specified radius and a specific season.
● The patented Percevia™ intelligent search prevents you from making the wrong choice when searching for your bird.
● The only birding app that includes both Illustrations and Photos.
● Spectrographic audio display brings insight to the structure of bird songs by allowing you to view the sound's frequency components.
● Every species is shown perched and in flight and most show major seasonal, age and male/female variations.
● Identify 343 species of both native and rare birds.
● Save multiple personal species lists and your sightings in Notes which can be backed up and synced in iCloud.
● Hundreds of carefully selected and edited sound recordings from the Xeno-Canto Community of bird song recordists.
● Filter birds by countries, regions and coasts, so that you see only the species likely to occur in your location.
● iBird’s icon-driven visual search engine, with 35 attributes, enables you to identify birds using shape, colour, location, habitat, head pattern, flight pattern, bill shape, length and much more.
● Search by common name, Latin name and the BTO 5 band code.
● Comprehensive seasonal and migratory range maps include subspecies.
We invite all users to share their comments and ideas on our forum at www.whatbird.com/forum/
What's New in Version 10.02
Database is up to 50% smaller.
All new sound library.
Landscape mode now works for iPad.
Photo Center Facebook photo sharing works.
Free stickers for birders.
Completely updated for new British Trust for Ornithology (BTO) standards.
74 new species drawings found with Search->Illustration Update->10.0 and 10.1.
New Abundance search attribute.
Free 7-day trial for new in-app purchases for Birds Around Me (BAM) and Percevia smart search. See Navigation->Purchases screen.
View by Head via Set View/Sort Mode button.
Gallery mode now includes Common Names of species.
Compare iBird versions: bit.ly/about-ibird
This update is amazing, if you are interested in birds, don't hesitate to purchase it.
I have referred to this app for bird ID and knowledge for a few years now, but always found the usability and design a little disappointing. What a difference this update has made. The icons are renewed with beautiful coherent illustrations and it seems there has been an improvement in the recordings, photos, range maps - everything really. As another reviewer mentioned the around me add on doesn't seem very accurate, eliminating many common garden birds, I hope the developers will improve this. The other add on is worth the extra money though as it betters the search functionality. Well done and thanks for such a wonderful update.
Bettering the experience of birding.
As a relatively beginner this app has made my whole experience of birding a lot easier since getting it. At times I was almost giving up with the hobby but now things are a lot better and I'm really enjoying my bird watching.
The best just got better
Thought it would never be upgraded, but wow what an update, so well worth waiting for. Much more information, much better to help identifying.... the best yet!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 03 May 2017
- Version: 10.02
- Size: 1.01 GB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Italian, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: Mitch Waite Group
- © Mitch Waite Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Percevia and BAM Bundle£4.99
- Percevia Smart Search£2.99
- Birds Around Me£2.99